ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best thing for cleaning tailpipe?

DMS

A thirsty 172
Anyone got any suggestions as to what I could use to clear the heavy soot deposits off the lip of my tailpipe? I'm talking about a year and half's worth.

So far I've used various products which did the sum total of sod all. I then tried vinegar and brown sauce which has gotten most of it off. I've scrubbed it with a cloth then with a foam scourer but it's still not budging. I don't want to scrub with anything more abrasive because it'll scratch the chrome off.

So, suggestions?

DMS

A thirsty 172
I've used Autoglym metal polish. It worked wonders on my bullets but did sweet F.A on the exhaust.

172 Flamer
I used to use Autosol and a dremel on my MR2, it really did work wonders, 10 mins. and both tale pipes were sparkling, careful yo don't catch the paint work though, the speed of the dremel will cause damage to plastics etc.

330ci sport
Wire wool, various grades (you can get a 'multipack' from hellfrauds) and autosol, or my fav. Belgom Chromes.

ITB BG 182
Autosol and wire wool will do it Daz, i would have been there to help you yesterday but i only just got home at 10am on the drinking session from Belfast from friday.

DMS

A thirsty 172
It was a wasted effort anyway. I've just come down to K-Tec and the car looks like it hasn't been washed for 3 months again like it did before.

Artic 182
Autosole ;)
DSCF2786.jpg