ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best tyres for 15's

clio 172 phase 2
Its come time to replace all 4 tyres on my ph1.
Ive been using toyo t1rs for the last 8 years. Theyre a good tyre. Offer plenty of grip. But always wear out on the side walls first.
The car is lowered. But the geometry is set up right.
Just want to know. From peoples experiences, if there is a better tyre that doesnt wear out the sidewall first on a lowered clio.
Thanks

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
T1R’s are average at best.

There’s a chap on eBay that sells very good part worn Michelin’s. He does one sprint on them and then fits new ones so sells them off cheap. That’s what I’m getting next.

78AEB89D-4DFE-4E9F-8308-7FCEB95E9AAC.png

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I had a set of part worn ps3s off the fella on ebay, great value for money they had 7mm of tread. Good wet & dry grip for road use.

Ad08rs are great too cheap as chips. Yet to use mine in anger on track, see how they fair at Blyton. Perform great on fast road use in the dry though.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
They don't make AD08 anymore, the R's superseded them.

They may not make them, but quickfit wanted to give me 4 mid last year, after I had ordered 4 AD08r's
They then had to honour the price for AD08R's (Which were detailed on the invoice) but only had 1 left in the country.... (Yeah, I thought that)

So I had the single AD08r a few days later, and always remember ensure company's don't try to palm off AD08's

so even if they don't make them, some suppliers may have some

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
They may not make them, but quickfit wanted to give me 4 mid last year, after I had ordered 4 AD08r's
They then had to honour the price for AD08R's (Which were detailed on the invoice) but only had 1 left in the country.... (Yeah, I thought that)

So I had the single AD08r a few days later, and always remember ensure company's don't try to palm off AD08's

so even if they don't make them, some suppliers may have some

Bloody hell, they must have been a few years old lol

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Bloody hell, they must have been a few years old lol

Actually, I never saw them AD08's, they just told me they had ordered the wrong tyres, and that only 1 AD08R in the country

Thinking about it, they may never had had them. I never asked to see the AD08's
They saw they made a mistake with the pricing (got the single AD08R for about £46 fitted) so just gave me one R at the price they quoted- and sent me on my way

I may even have the original invoice with 4 x AD08R's on, and they said "weve only got AD08's" so they didn't have to give me 4 at £46 ish

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
And nothing in this thread will beat that tyre for that price.

Goodstuff. Its not a competition. LOL
Sposed to help each other out in a Club

But enjoy your tyres, careful when using the track. I totalled a new AD08r in a day, and the other side was much better (Running about 23psi)

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Ruined a tyre in one day!

There's 8mm of tread, what were you doing haha

well. uneven wear lets put it that way, meaning it wasn't road legal

Let the pressures down real low as advised, had a fabulous day at Lydden, pretty much took everything in site. And fooked the tyres. LOL
More careful now- thought they were 6mm

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
well. uneven wear lets put it that way, meaning it wasn't road legal

Let the pressures down real low as advised, had a fabulous day at Lydden, pretty much took everything in site. And fooked the tyres. LOL
More careful now- thought they were 6mm

23psi is way too low for them. I ran them at 33 hot and it was perfect.

Nah it's 8mm from new. My Toyo R1R'S are 6mm new.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Goodstuff. Its not a competition. LOL
Sposed to help each other out in a Club

But enjoy your tyres, careful when using the track. I totalled a new AD08r in a day, and the other side was much better (Running about 23psi)

I wasn't competing?
I shared the price and proof of invoice from kwik fit.

And if I was, I would have won.

(I'm joking)

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
23psi is way too low for them. I ran them at 33 hot and it was perfect.

Nah it's 8mm from new. My Toyo R1R'S are 6mm new.

I got the advice from a pro driver who was at and knows lydden well, as its only a mile circuit very twisty and turny, and a 180 degree turn
I started at about 26psi, and obvs that kept going up, I tried 23psi and the grip was fabulous, so kept it at 23psi. Only at the end of the day I saw that the centreline tread was pretty much gone- about 2.5mm

Road only:
PS3
ZV7
RS3
Or anything but T1R's

Road and the occasional track day:
PS3
AD08R
GY F1's

Track only:

R888
ZZR
DZ03G
V70A
A048R
Toyo RS1 slick

Bang for buck the R888's are king, especially used.