ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best tyres for 15's

Road only:
PS3
ZV7
RS3
Or anything but T1R's

Road and the occasional track day:
PS3
AD08R
GY F1's

Is there a reason you're not keen on the F1s for Road-only use?

I used to love the GSD2 pattern on the valver, you could drive around in the hacking rain like it was dry!

Is there a reason you're not keen on the F1s for Road-only use?

I used to love the GSD2 pattern on the valver, you could drive around in the hacking rain like it was dry!
No reason mate. Just missed them of the list on 'road only'. Good all rounder. Used them on a few cars. Reason i put them on the occasional track is the wet performance as you say.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
All well and good to have have tyres for track only, but if you only have one set wheels the taking on/off all the time becomes a pain, if the car is for road use too
Most people drive the cars to the track, a fair few trailer them, but most drive to track that Ive seen

I have 2 sets wheels myself, but one set for track time of year (About 6 months and used on road too) and one set for road use only in colder months.
A couple of the road use wheels n tyres come in handy for taking to the Track as back uo, as sometimes the track day tyres are illegal to drive home on. Usually the fronts obvs.

Mk1
Phoned up the closest 3 centres to me today

Not a single one had a clue about any sort of deal

One even said, 'nah m8, AD08r's don't come in 195/50/15 any more..'

The joys.