ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best tyres for a 197

Crappy work hire car
Hey people, I'm going to treat my 197 to some brand spanking premium tyres in the near future, and just wondered which ones are the best (not necessarily the most expensive, but I'm not going to be tight about it!).

I like to drive quick when the occasion calls for it, but I'm not a complete lunatic, and I do approx. 25% road to 75% motorway driving. I want the tyres to be grippy in wet and dry. Obviously, I'd like to get as many miles as possible out of them too.

Thanks in advance! :)

Barge
Came with ContiSport 3's as standard. I'd stick with those all day everyday. Mine have been exceptional!

Although nothing to stop you trying other brands I guess.

Crappy work hire car
Mine didn't come with ContiSport 3's as it's secondhand, so thanks for the heads up lol

Crappy work hire car
Hmm, can't find ContiSport 3's, do you mean CONTINENTAL SPORT CONTACT 3's?

Megane R26
Nah, sod that. Hankook V12 Evo's - £65 a corner, last twice as well as the Conti's and grip better in the wet :)

SteBurns has them on his and loves em. He's tried a fair few too

Crappy work hire car
Nah, sod that. Hankook V12 Evo's - £65 a corner, last twice as well as the Conti's and grip better in the wet :)

SteBurns has them on his and loves em. He's tried a fair few too

LOL been waiting for this comment from you - Saw you post the same thing on other threads mate.
Any idea where I should look? I'm on tyre shopper and can't see them mate

Megane R26
LOL

I must have helped sell about 20 pairs!! They swear by them on MeganeSport too...

Only problem is the price keeps going up because every bugger keeps buying them! I paid £55 for mine!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Glad to see people coming around to the v12's. I've lost count of how often I've posted the tyre test link lol.

Megane R26
Do you use them as your road tyres Warren?

Which do you prefer between RS2's and 888's for track?