ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best upgrades for starters Clio 182

Z4x2 & buying a 182
Hey y'all.

So first things first I have a few bits that need doing to my car to get it back up to scratch, however once that is done I just want to make a few upgrades for the sake of it really and interested to get people's thoughts.

It currently has a basic K&N stubby induction cone with a miltek catback that is really blowing at the moment and is lowered on eibach springs. I havent been underneath to check if the dogbone has been done but the gearbox really has no wobble at all and feels very tight so I wonder if it has been done?

I am looking at:

JMRS or similar induction kit
MAYBE switching to a Scorpion RS192 exhaust - the miltek is just so noisy and whilst I want to hear the engine its a bit annoyiong, it also seems to attract attention (after not being pulled over by the police for probably 7 years driving other cars it took me 36 hours from buying the 182 to get pulled over!??!?

After this I am not sure where to go? I dont want to spend 1000s as I will be spending cash on driving instruction and track days etc but would be keen to know what else is worth doing. Is there any real benefit from matched inlets?

It has apparently already had a remap but I have no proof.

Any thoughts welcome

Someone was selling throttle bodies for a good price recently, but I think that intake with 197 cams and group n timing gets you good gains for your money.

Z4x2 & buying a 182
Yeah this was on my list, I have 16 inch turinis so would want to hold on to them but a set of lightweight 15 inchers with track tyres would be good . Any recommendations?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
In no particular order.

Smaller size steering wheel. 330mm.
15" et35 wheels.
Springs. I pick h&r
2.25 bore ktec exhaust pref with decat and unsilenced. Sounds great and not headache material.
Ktec style induction kit for noise
Plain brembo discs with PBS pads

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Leave the engine standard, quick enough to have fun and reliable.

Refresh the suspension if it needs it, get some decent brake pads and fluid in, 15” wheels with sticky rubber and get it used lots. Learn how to use it to its full capabilities on the corners before concentrating on more hp.

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
The matched inlets with the ktec induction, groupN timing, 182 manifold is the power route I would go after everything I have learnt on here over the years. With a trip to EFI should see close to 200bhp for not alot of money.

But the guys are right.
Brake, tyres, suspension. Go drive it and learn how to drive it

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Well...

Inlets matched are £185ish

Group N is either buy the tool and do it yourself or pay @bloke to do it.
Tool on here is £100
You have the 182 manifold
Ktec induction kit £150
EFI £200ish
So say £600

In comparison I'm running Jenvey throttle bodies with gen 90 ecu with group N timing at a cost of just short of 3k if you got it all new for similar power!

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
Ok thanks for this

Out of interest what do you define as jot a lot of money 🤣🤣
Just had mine timed and mapped by Carl and Chris. Standard engine other than Milltek cat back. Made really good torque gains, different car now. £360 all in, which is a lot of money but well worth it.
Don’t forget the best value upgrade of all... weight loss, it’s free.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Boost the bolloks off it, blow up the gearbox 3 times then break it or sell at a huge loss.

Or refresh the tired suspension so it's factory fresh, change the seat and steeing wheel so you can sit in it comfortably and enjoy driving a reliable great handling little car that won't need triple figures to give you a buzz.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Just had mine timed and mapped by Carl and Chris. Standard engine other than Milltek cat back. Made really good torque gains, different car now. £360 all in, which is a lot of money but well worth it.
Don’t forget the best value upgrade of all... weight loss, it’s free.

Was that just a map on the rollers mate or group N?.