ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best wax for silver and wheel cleaner for diamond wheels

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
I gave my car a wash, clay ( loads of crap on it for 6k :/ ) srp and one coat of best of show (had it from about 2 years ago lol)

It's looks pretty swish but I'm wondering if there is a 'wetter' looking wax for a silver car?

Also my wheels are like diamond cut and they have some tar etc on them. I used this muck off stuff but it didn't really shift the tar. Any ideas what I can use that won't damage the stupidly expensive wheels

Apologies if I've been too technical lol

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
The wench has kurbed a wheel tonight so I'll use that to try tardis as I'll need to buy another!

I'll check out the auto finesse stuff. Do I need get the BOS off now? Or do I just go over it?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
You should see her shiner.

tuqevyga.jpg
3ybu2ymy.jpg

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
I'll check out the auto finesse stuff. Do I need get the BOS off now? Or do I just go over it?

if you do buy any of the AF stuff, buy directly from their site and use your mobile and get 10% if you enter MOBILE82 at the checkout :)

Im sure someone with more knowledge will confirm but I can't image it would do too much harm to go straight over the top. You might see better results by removing completely though, I'm not sure.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You don't buy desire over BOS! Jesus H!

The prep is where the shine begins. No offence Ben but you should have paid a detailer to protect it from new. Everytime you washed and waxed it it would look new.

It need machined, decontaminated, clayed. Silver needs sooo much work to get the best from it but a properly clean surface is where it comes from.

Srp by hand and a coat of BOS won't transform the finish. Any hobby detailers from the forum close by Ben?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Valet pro bilberry and autofinesse imperial are pretty safe wheel cleaners, but on sensitive finishes I'd be tempted to use a wax safe citrus pre wash.

Carpro TarX is likely to be a little more environmentally friendly and delicate than Tardis, but probably just as effective.

Its often hard to beat the finish of a well respected show wax, it can also be dependant on colour and finish. I have a couple of wax samples of some pretty decent waxes that might be of interest to you.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...re-presidenziale-hose-sprayer-and-wheel-brush

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
if you do buy any of the AF stuff, buy directly from their site and use your mobile and get 10% if you enter MOBILE82 at the checkout :)

Im sure someone with more knowledge will confirm but I can't image it would do too much harm to go straight over the top. You might see better results by removing completely though, I'm not sure.

Just no! Putting Desire over Bos isn't going to give him a shine!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ben have you ever read one of my detailing threads for example? Just to give you an idea how much proper prep can change a colour.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
I've had it washed at the Turks and a fire station charity car wash for the deaf recently so it definitely needs a machine/ re spray haha.

I'm too tight to pay £200 or whatever ha. I'll grab some pics at the weekend!

I've just ran out of BOS and need something shiney to replace it, I'll save the big detail for the 458...

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
As Gally said prep is the key, If you don't want to pay someone to sort it or even spend too much I'm happy with the finish I got on the old mans Silver Volvo with AF Rejuvenate

ujedesy9.jpg

ysehyrys.jpg

Topped that with Capture the Rapture and I was happy with the finish.

Didn't get any pics in the sun though :(

Depends what you want to spend??

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I'd be happy to help do the hard work for you, strip everything off, decontaminate and seal, I don't have a machine polisher though so if you want any polish it'll be by hand

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Buy a pot of Swissvax Shield if you want a proper boutique wax like BOS.

Not a 320d
Fancy kerbing your wheel.

If you need a strong wheel cleaner with iron removal ability then I can suggest Sonax Full Effect. It aint cheap but Ive used it on my wheels over the last year and they still look great. ...

I found Iron X to be very Corrosive on some wheels when used regularly.

Other wheel Cleaners which arent as strong; so more regular use

Bilberry if youre only removing brake dust is fine.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's all from the cleansing. It strips so much dirt.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
For your needs Ben BOS is useless. The shine you have will just wash away with the slightest bit of rain as it's all oils. BOS of show is about as durable chocolate teapot.

As people have suggested i'd be using Shield or similar.

If it was mine though. It'd have a full decon, enhancement and semi permanent coating like Cquartz.

Find a hobby detailer and get it done properly you minge ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Are you local Ant? Surely someone is? Even something like a strong sealant or wax, doesn't even have to be ceramic if a hobbyist is applying! Autoglym HD even. If the prep work is done properly it'll look great after a wash/dry and a QD.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Not a clue dude, I'm not sure where Ben is...

I think it really needs something semi permanent, imagine the how good it will look with cQuartz and then all he has to do is top it up with Reload as and when to keep it looking tip top. Nice and easy.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
For some reason I have it in my head Ben is from Chester direction, I could be way off the mark though.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
If he is I could have a go in few weeks

There's your man! I'd trust spikey with my own cars. ;)

I do agree Ant, CQUK would look glossy on that light colour and if he wanted to buy a nice wax then go for it and top as and when you wish.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Big knob ben is from Warrington!

I want this quartz thing!? Anyone?! Free doughnuts on tesco car park!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I have CQUK and Reload on the shelf but I'd need a good 2 days to do the work if that's the case to give it a single stage polish first.

Decon, cleanse and protect would be one day

Golf GT & A4 Avant
If not going for quartz coating, but wanting a pretty durable sealant, I've been very impressed with sons, polymer net shield. Doesn't feel all that nice to apply, but is very quick and seems extremely durable and resistant