ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best way of cleaning and polishing by hand

cliosport 182
hi ive had my arctic clio 182 for 6 months now i really wanna make it shine.whats the best and simplest way to do this ?.i also have swirl marks on my car whats the easiest way to get rid of these and what products should i use people say i should just polish it out and others say scratch x.i am bit of a novice so lots of help neede here guys.
cheers sean

106 GTi
Polish/Swirl Remove is the same thing.

Though to remove swirls you polish with a harsher/more abbrassive polish.

By hand it is no easy task, Scratch X and a folded terry towel for more bit an even pressure is your best bet but will take you ages and be tiring, and not ever really 100% sucessfull.

Quikest and easyist way is a machine polish.

cliosport 182
would i be best to try and use ag srp before trying scratch x what would i use to apply srp and what do i use to remove it

M

mini-valver

Scratch X is a nightmare by hand mate! Would'nt recomend doing the whole car with it as it will take and absolute age and you'll be knackered, as said, look for detailing companies near you.....