ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best way to contact Yanoo about his Products

monaco 172
I'm looking at his Fast road shifter, tried to contact him through email recommended via his website http://www.dp-automotive.hu/dpa_developments.html#q6 .
Unfortunately my email is not going through.
Just hoping there was an other way (facebook/messenger DM)
cheers.
The message I got from him was regarding the same question.

He said he doesn't do the fast road shifter anymore as the manufacturer was charging him a fortune. He reccomended I buy stiff shift, stiff ball insert and quick shift along with a scenic shifter.

PerthRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 CUP
Thanks guys,
Sent him a direct message yesterday (for me).
Was after a longer shifter than standard as I'm 6 foot 1 inch which makes the standard shifter hard to reach in some gears (1st and 3rd).
There is always the PMS shifter. I like the look of it and the raving reviews of it sound nice except I'm a bit anal about rattles and i have heard the pms shifter has a few at certain rpm's.

Having the standard shifter height though isn't the end of the world as I don't track the car only spirited drives in the Perth Hills.
To 'refreshen' the interior the gear H pattern thingy has worn away to a certain degree where in Western Australia I could get in trouble.
I see a few 'EBay' spec replacements but an aluminium knob i feel would work the best. Without spending a fortune on a v6 or ph1 knob what else is out there?

Clio 182
Was after a longer shifter than standard as I'm 6 foot 1 inch which makes the standard shifter hard to reach in some gears (1st and 3rd).
The standard gear shift mechanism has some adjustment range. Where the gear shift tube attaches to the "rod end" on the gearbox, the clamp can be loosened and the tube rotated to reposition the gear knob left or right and slid axially to move the gear knob back and forth.
I am the same height and have also moved my steering wheel 60mm towards the rear of the car, so I sit further back than normal ... so the gear knob was even further away. To increase the axial adjustment range of the clamped tube for moving the gear knob closer to me, I trimmed the tube end maybe 10mm (iirc) and extended the slot maybe 10mm (iirc). This can be seen in photo 2. To reduce overall fore-aft travel I installed one of those "quick shift levers" from ebay (chrome thing in photo 3) that has its spherical pivot closer to the "rod end". This reduces travel by 18 or 20%. (The 30% that adverts claim is geometrically impossible).
To remove slop (lost travel) at the gear lever pivot I wedged a small piece of aluminium against the rubber "ball" - I am sure I posted info on OZrs.

Rick

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 188
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 198
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 175