ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best way to fit sub into pug 206

RenaultSport clio 182
Ive give my sub and amp to my girlfriend but im having trouble fitting it in her 206. First problem is that i cant see any hole or gap anywhere to feed the power lead from the battery through into the footwell, i had this problem with my 182 until i discovered that the guy who had it before me had drilled a 10mm hole for the wire. I supose i could do this with her car but im not sure where the best place is to drill it is. The second problem is that i cant hide the wires the same as i did in the 182, in mine i fed the wires under the carpet along side the passenger seat then under the base of the back seat and then into the boot, but the carpet in the 206 is stapled down. How hard would it be to take the staples out then find another way to re-atach the carpet? Thanx for any help on this.

206 doesnt have a grommet thats easily accessible,drilling a hole through the bulkhead is the easiest option,passenger side,there is a circular area that is blank either side

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
ive dont this b4 all i did was run the wire through the passanger wing and through the side, no drilling needed then. if u look down u can see the space, no need to take it off. hide the wires in the rear doorcards if its a 3 door, if a 5 door not sure

RenaultSport clio 182
Thanx guys i will have a look when she gets back, i never even thought of sending it through the wing so ill do that if i can. If not ill have to drill the hole and hope i dont hit anythin. And yes the carpet is kept in place by the clips under the seal, thats why im not sure whether i will be able to get the carpet back down if i take it up for the wires.

Thanx guys i will have a look when she gets back, i never even thought of sending it through the wing so ill do that if i can. If not ill have to drill the hole and hope i dont hit anythin. And yes the carpet is kept in place by the clips under the seal, thats why im not sure whether i will be able to get the carpet back down if i take it up for the wires.

wing isnt particularly brilliant,if your drilling there is a huge gap so you cant possibly hit anything.

you can get the carpet back down,just pull it back slightly further,its a much better fit if you can unscrew the seat bolts to run the cable down the middle