ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best way to get a sticker off...

Car  M140i/Orange 182
Afternoon

ive still got a big lookers (reno dealer) sticker on the back window of my 182 and its really p*ssing me off now wots the best way to get it off? its really stuck on!!!

thank you! :)
 
Hairdryer to loosen the glue, and Autoglym Tar and Adhesive remove for any sticky left overs!
 
Is it on the inside or out??

If its on the inside a heat it up with a hairdryer and use a sharp blade to remove the sticker use some bostic tar & glue remover for the residue.

If its on the outside a high temp pressure washer will melt the glue and remove the sticker very quickly
 
i used a kitchen scourer (sp?) You know the yellow sponge with rough green bit on top? That and some glass cleaner.
 
If on the outside, petrol will get an residue off.

I often get illegally parked stickers on my window from uni and they come off easily with petrol and a sponge.
 
My old one came off no problem at all, just using my finger nail. Didn't even leave any residue??

Otherwise like the above try a hairdryer.
 
Use the hairdryer I got my sticker off the other night in less than two mins, hardly left any mess as well
 
Pull sticker off with fingers then spray WD40 on to a duster a rub glue off with that, You will not get too much of the WD smell then, Then clean window with glass cleaner. Job done :D
 
jay said:
My old one came off no problem at all, just using my finger nail. Didn't even leave any residue??

Otherwise like the above try a hairdryer.

Yeah mine was like that, was the first thing I did when I got the car home though!
 
Must have a go at mine tomorrow, I've pick a bit off everytime I open my boot and its all gone now, just gotta get rid of the glue :)
 
I bought something called 'Sticky Stuff Remover' from my local DIY shop - about £3 for a bottle but works a treat
 
Back
Top