ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

best way to launch car for 0-60

R35 GTR
what revs are safe for the gearbox, is around 5000 ok?

and do you slowly bring clutch in or just release completely?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I personally don't go above 4000, this is well after the car is completely warmed up.

As for releasing the clutch, you do a bit of both, lol. You dont want to be too slow, and you dont want to drop it. Practice!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
clutch control, just control the throttle and clutch.

I launch at 2krpm, half throttle and control the clutch untill the cars moving enough for it to be at 4krpm in 1st, then plant the throttle! problem iv got then is wheelspin till 3rd! booo!

Full Fat 182 - Was..
take the ESP off-line, pulse the throttle (helps if you know the rough timing of the lights) then at time of launch bring the clutch up quite fast but in a smooth controlled manner. this will equate to a little wheele spin but a far quicker launch than trying it with the ESP on, i find for a really rapid launch the ESP gets in the way.

Just dont forget to turn the ESP back on when driving otherwise if your used to having it on then it might catch you out when you wang into a corner a bit hard and its not there to back you up.... other wise it might wel go earth, sky, earth, sky, earth, sky, ambulance...

The Renaultsport 225 turns it back on itself once over 25mph wich is handy but also annoying.

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
I stay at 4k with the handbrake on and have the clutch just biteing a bit so that it feels like its ready to go.Then I try to release the handbrake and snap the clutch up at the same time(and push the throttle to the floor)

MKIII 138
James 182 said:
take the ESP off-line, pulse the throttle (helps if you know the rough timing of the lights) then at time of launch bring the clutch up quite fast but in a smooth controlled manner. this will equate to a little wheele spin but a far quicker launch than trying it with the ESP on, i find for a really rapid launch the ESP gets in the way.

Just dont forget to turn the ESP back on when driving otherwise if your used to having it on then it might catch you out when you wang into a corner a bit hard and its not there to back you up.... other wise it might wel go earth, sky, earth, sky, earth, sky, ambulance...

The Renaultsport 225 turns it back on itself once over 25mph wich is handy but also annoying.

err.. my cup doesnt have esp and without it i drive safer knowing i cant place faith on it. back end it controllble on the clio`s anyways.

MKIII 138
.. you cant hardly ever lauch hard and fast in the clio as the front end bangs away as the wheels bounce around. spoils fun :( shame as the audi quattro i was driving yesterday out of junction foot to the floor in the rain just set off stable and in an unfussed manner godamitt

Vee dub
Tucks said:
I stay at 4k with the handbrake on and have the clutch just biteing a bit so that it feels like its ready to go.Then I try to release the handbrake and snap the clutch up at the same time(and push the throttle to the floor)

Yawn

;)

R35 GTR
some interesting comments, will try all the above, will turn esp off. also never actually had it come on unless i wheel spin in first.

Nimbus Clio 197
that banging it annoying! my mate said his VTS does it too, its the problem of a light car with quick high power i suppose....

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
what, everyone knows the best way of setting off,
throttle nailed to floor, even the floor mat is moved back to allow full travel of pedal, needle bouncing off limiter, 1st gear, then move your left foot as fast as u can to the left so the clutch just flys out, then, boom your away, then your engine management light comes on because u just destroyed some ignition coils and most of your front tyres...... give it a try !!! :D

Clio v6
Harry_manback said:
what, everyone knows the best way of setting off,
throttle nailed to floor, even the floor mat is moved back to allow full travel of pedal, needle bouncing off limiter, 1st gear, then move your left foot as fast as u can to the left so the clutch just flys out, then, boom your away, then your engine management light comes on because u just destroyed some ignition coils and most of your front tyres...... give it a try !!! :D

I understand all the above but what volume should we set the radio to?

clio 200
nah you want the stereo up as loud as you can with some real banging music so you cant hear engine atall infact so you cant even hear yourself think :)

BMW E46 330i Touring
That's crazy talk! The engine and exhaust note is one of things that makes the Renaultsport range so lovable!