ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best way to remove siezed disc retaining bolt.

CursedTitanium 182FF
I was trying to change my pads & discs today, but one of the disc retaining bolts refuses to budge. What is the best way to shift it?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Rob...use heat from welding torch. Mandy had wheel bolt snap in the thread...wouldn't come out until local garage persuaded it out with oxyacetaline torch. Wd40 won't do it very well it if its been stuck in there for ages...takes ages to penetrate.

stevem42

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver182 and RB 182
Hit top of bolt square on with hammer...use centre punch on side of bolt head

172 Phase II
Impact driver. I had the same problem once and that sorted it. I could borrow it though but they're not too expensive..

impact_driver_lg.jpeg

Megane r26
Just take the head off it with a drill, try an remove it afterwards with mole grips if you want. The retaining bolt isn't that important anyway, or hammer an punch

CursedTitanium 182FF
Well got it off in the end, took about an hour as I only had one of these to use PIC & a lump hammer lol.

1.2 clio
Could try a screw driver smack it with a hammer to break the seal where it's moulded together and should come out. Worked with me