ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best way to remove tree sap

Mito Sportiva 135
Despite detailing for years, I've never found a product which quickly and effectivelly removes tree sap without having to use a paint cleanser, which then requires reapplication of a wax.

If you get in quickly, a wash and some QD can work - but often in the sun, some gets baked on and won't budge.

Any good products out there for this job?

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I think you're pretty stuck. If you can't get it off with a normal wash you will need to use something that could damage any protection you've put down. Tar-X / Tardis / Clay.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
My car is parked next to a load of trees every day. Provided it's well protected the sap comes off with a general pre wash/ snow foam and normal wash every 2 weeks.

The main thing is to make sure your protection is maintained then give it a good long soak before you come to wash it.

If you're happy to re wax after a tar and glue remover like carpro tarX makes light work of it, quick and easy to use in comparison to a paint cleanser.

I do to know of an agressive cleaner that will remove sap and still be wax safe other than the general pre wash and snow foam products

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah - to be honest i think it needs a cleaner then waxing - I've just got a new tub of the Dodo Juice soft wax so keen to try that out anyway to see how it compares to my Swisswax Onyx, which finally ran out...it's got a lot to live up to!