ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Way to Rip Films for Phones

Mito Sportiva 135
Right, just got the new Galaxy S2 and keen to rip some films onto my PC and put them on my phone.

What's the best software/method for doing this, what would people recommend?

Thanks! :cool:

Mito Sportiva 135
I've got a PC so that...can I DL Handbrake for free, and will it handle Blurays (even if the HD quality is lost)?

No mate, handbrake converts it into whatever format you want.

You use one piece of software to rip and another to convert in most cases
I did use handbrake to rip at first, but it was slow.

DVDFab rips in 10/15mins each, then I ran a batch on handbrake each night for 20+ converts.

Mito Sportiva 135
Wicked thanks guys!

Anyone got an S2 on here? Bit of a n00b as I'm struggling to copy films / music from Kies onto the phone, do I need to USB connect or can I do it via internet / wifi?

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Actually, +1.

I totally forgot, I used DVDFab to rip the DVDs, then handbrake to batch convert from VOB to MP4/M4A.

DVDFab rips straight to MP4 mate, why were you converting as well?
Been using it a lot recently. Very good program :)

Will rip any DVD to pretty much any format you want! (excluding .divx .M4A)

DVDFab rips straight to MP4 mate, why were you converting as well?
Been using it a lot recently. Very good program :)

Will rip any DVD to pretty much any format you want! (excluding .divx .M4A)
Because it saved me time.

To convert and rip in one go, took say 30-40 mins before I could load another DVD.

So, I'd rip first (DVFab) which took 10mins (so I'd rip 4 DVDs in the same time), then set Handbrake to run overnight for 10+hours for the rips into .mp4.

Worked loads faster for me.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Because it saved me time.

To convert and rip in one go, took say 30-40 mins before I could load another DVD.

So, I'd rip first (DVFab) which took 10mins (so I'd rip 4 DVDs in the same time), then set Handbrake to run overnight for 10+hours for the rips into .mp4.

Worked loads faster for me.

Ohhh!
Not a bad method :rasp:

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Wicked thanks guys!

Anyone got an S2 on here? Bit of a n00b as I'm struggling to copy films / music from Kies onto the phone, do I need to USB connect or can I do it via internet / wifi?

I've got sa Galaxy S and Kies software is terrible. Connect the USB and go to My computer. You should see the phone/storage device so just copy the files over that way, thats what i do and it saves so much time.
You might have to change the settings in the phone itself though, connect as mass storage instead of connectiong to Kies.
Like i said, i have the S so they might have changed things for the S2.
Hope it works though