ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best way to straighten out bent sills/jackin point?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Annoyingly over the last few months at some point my front jacking points have become a lot more bent than they used to be.

I want a go at straightening them out and painting/protecting them.

Any tips?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
That will just bent it all over the shop?

I thought about using a small block of wood and hammer but that will simply flatten the curved but into itself and make it worse!

chumpmobile
some kind of portable clamp?

vidrprcv100.jpg

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
I straightened mine out a few weeks back! Molegrips, hammer, waterpump pliers and something hard and flat to whack against it! Then painted it with some hammerite

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Be prewarned...they aren't as flimsy as they look! Lol mine took some heVy hammering but least it looks good now ;)

This thread prompted me to take a look at mine, front drivers side has been squashed flat by some numpty previous owner

But what use is it in a 182? Not like I have a spare wheel anyway

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
block of wood and a hammer hitting from the centre of the car outwards on a 4 post ramp works a treat