ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best / worst colour for the V6

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

I was a real tart when choosing mine ... was going to have silver (quite rare for 255), then red, but then having looked at a number in various colours I decided to go for (the most popular) Illiad blue. Im very glad I did :D

illiad blue is the colour i think suits it best, red is ok, silver suits well, but killed by the mk1, and as for the others :sick:

An orange one

i do agree that silver was killed by the mk1 (probs why so few have been sold as its normally the most common colour for cars)

there was a pic on here a week or 2 ago of a vee in inferno...boy ws it smart!

Atlantis Blue 1.2 Corsa B

wow, that acid yellow is awesome! it only looks good on the vee tho becasue the vee is a mental car! the only car in the world to have a range as wida as 1.2 16v to 3.0 V6!!!

does it come with mk2 rear light, im guessing it does. i reckon it would look good with mk1 lights tbh, i like the all red thing

Beetle

Quote: Originally posted by mattrt on 11 September 2005

wow, that acid yellow is awesome! it only looks good on the vee tho becasue the vee is a mental car! the only car in the world to have a range as wida as 1.2 16v to 3.0 V6!!!

does it come with mk2 rear light, im guessing it does. i reckon it would look good with mk1 lights tbh, i like the all red thing
what about the golf mk4?? from a 1.4 to a 3.2v6! ;-D

Quote: Originally posted by craigs182 on 20 August 2005

grey unfinshed!!;) is best....
i saw ur car and it was the best v6 ive seen. lunar grey is super <A onclick="javascript:eek:penWin(IE_emoticons_smilies.asp,smilies,toolbar=0,location=0,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=0,resizable=1,width=400,height=400)">
now get some pictures up

VW ....

I seen a V6 yesterday for the first time in liquid yellow ,one of those colours u have to see in the flesh to fully appreciate it ..... best colour i have seen so far !! .... was stunning

Mini Cooper S sport

I think my favourite Vee colour is liquid yellow, it looks fab! I love the Illiad Blue though, Andys is gorgeous. That inferno one is pretty tasty as well.

Red and black are nice, not sure about the bronze, and Im not so keen on acid yellow or lunar grey. Ive not seen a silver Mk2.

V6s always look amazing though, no matter what colour they are.

Clio v6

Quote: V6s always look amazing though, no matter what colour they are. but liquid yellow is the best. :D

Now correct me if Im wrong James but that is a grill shot of a centenary RR Phantom?? For what its worth I think Liquid yellow is a great colour, just think that in 10 years Illiad Blue will look more timeless and I dont intend to sell my vee.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

Does anyone know if any where made for the UK in Midnight Blue or Petrol Blue...... Personally, id love to have one in Petrol.... colour looks amazing, and would just look soooo good on a V6..

Jeremy...!! please advise!

Thankyou, please.... :D

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Brown is my fav, you should see it in the flesh when it catches the light.

Its what black gold should have been

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

Thanks mitch_ ...

Yeah ive seen a 182 in Petrol too, love the colour.. went to my dealer the followimg day to ask if it was stil a colour option for the 255.. but sadly it had been withdrawn along with Midnight Blue, and a couple of others...:(

I was hping that maybe someone had one out there somewhere.....(y)

LY V6 with Recaros

The acid yellow looks stunning! Certainly stands out!! The inferno looks pretty nice too, 1st one ive seen of that colour! I do quite like the lunar grey actually, but saying that, its looks gorgeous in any colour! :D

I cant remember when it was withdrawn but I remember that the ID leather options were stopped before the start of the year, I imagine the colours were stopped some time after that. As I recall there arent any Inferno V6s in the U.K, either.

evo x rs

Quote: Originally posted by craigs182 on 13 September 2005

Quote: Originally posted by forest172 on 13 September 2005

saw a undercoat grey colour the other day, is that lunar grey?

It looked crap!!
lol

oi that cud have been me!!!
It was at Alfreton Derbyshire, was it you???

evo x rs

Quote: Originally posted by craigs182 on 14 September 2005

yeah mate was me....

what was you in??
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/forest172/DSCF0007.jpg

R u from Alfreton??? If I remember you had blonde/fair hair, it was nr. the new tescos. You didnt look at me. It was the wife that noticed you, saying "thats a strange colour looks like undercoat" Still a wicked car though pal, a very brave choice in colour though!

[Edited by forest172 on 14 September 2005 at 5:55pm]

[Edited by forest172 on 14 September 2005 at 5:56pm]

golf r32 dsg

yer live in alfreton mate u??

people have diffrent tastes in colour, alot of people what have seen it in the flesh like it, it certanly gets the looks...

evo x rs

Quote: Originally posted by craigs182 on 14 September 2005

yer live in alfreton mate u??

people have diffrent tastes in colour, alot of people what have seen it in the flesh like it, it certanly gets the looks...
yeah, not far away. Might see you about!