ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

better looking 197 or 200???

What's better looking?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
  Listerine & Poledo
Exhausts look so much better on the 200.

although they do have a negative effect on the diffuser.
it was a case of marketing winning over engineering.

May as well have ditched the faux diffuser on the 200 and chuck in the spoiler as standard

Arctic 182 & PB 172
The 197 is wayyyy better looking. I was really dissapointed with the new clio shape. We all know the 182 is the best looking car :D

soon to be 182 ;)
f**k off, leave the GT out of it, this thread isnt about the GT.

e/

Am i not entitled to an opinion just because I dont own a renaultsport? I still think they look s**t.

prob get haters but agreed and so what if its cliosport.net anyone can join and its an open forum

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
197 is nicer looking but the 200 comes in better colours. Ag and storm grey would win it for me. Black speedlines are a must as the standard wheels look pony
Id go for the 200 now

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Surely this poll is a waste of time, it really just becomes a poll of which car has the most owners on here (for most cases) :cool:

Some of the illiteracy and text speak in here makes me not want to click the button to renew my membership :dapprove:

GTD, Lupo
There is a lad near me and he has a white 197. I totally prefer the front end of the 197 as he has the front splitter but from the sides and back the 200 wins in my imo.

As for all the comments on the GT, it goes down to far more than the front end. The stance of the 200 makes it look a million times better. There is a GT near me i will park up and take a side by side picture to compare for you.

There is a lad near me and he has a white 197. I totally prefer the front end of the 197 as he has the front splitter but from the sides and back the 200 wins in my imo.

As for all the comments on the GT, it goes down to far more than the front end. The stance of the 200 makes it look a million times better. There is a GT near me i will park up and take a side by side picture to compare for you.

Didn't realise there was a massive difference between the 197 and 200 from the side...do like the rear diffuser better though on the 200...gloss back looks well. 197 still wins on the overall looks department for me though.

197 by far simply because the fron of the 200, imo is just THAT bad!

200 rear is better though.

197 with 200 diffuser would be best.

LY 200
The 200 looks far more modern so i cant really understand why the pole go's in favour of the 197.

The front of the 197 with the honeycombe grille doesnt do anymore for me than a 182 front end.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Because the 200 is the ugliest car Renault have produced in the last five years?

Possibly. The poll seems to show that.

You've even got the odd 200 owner in here saying that the 197's better looking. lol

V6 255
I used to think the 197 was better looking, but side by side it just looks dated imo. Apart from the stupid headlight thing, I think overall the 200 wins it

GTD, Lupo
I wonder how many of those 31 people own 200s or mk3 ph2s ;)

The whole headlight area of the 200 is a farse.

I wonder how many of the 61% are 197 owners :D

I was one of the people that thinks the front end on the 197 is nicer, but it is very dated. I would not go as far to say its a farse!

Farse

Farse\, n. [See Farce, n.] (Eccl.) An addition to, or a paraphrase of, some part of the Latin service in the vernacular; -- common in English before the Reformation.

Maybe a little messy but i think in person! (which i still dont think people have seen one) they dont look that bad. They photo really bad.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'd have either. However, i find the 197 better looking, front and back........... People can say they look different form the side are on crack lol!? Imo the 200 diffuser is tacky, with its fake 'bling' pipes

I dont mind the front, but head on,

Curleys200A.jpg

^ that REALLY looks poor, the wing just doesnt line up

Recarostuff037.jpg

Nowt wrong with that imo, least it flows properly (and looks wider, the 200 looks quite "pinched in" head on imo)

GTD, Lupo
People can say they look different form the side are on crack lol!?

I guess i am one of them people, darn my crack habit! :S

I think the front bumper just looks nicer from the side. I know there isn't much difference but the cup now has a black B pillar but then again the only difference on the rear is the diffuser.

I guess the long running test will be to compare 197 sales to 200 sales. Sales figures dont lie.

Oh and of course the wings dont line up as there is a 1" drop you cant see in the picture. Live with one for more than 2 mins in the flesh and you will see its not all that bad. They just dont photo well.

DSC_0344-1.jpg

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
The figures wont lie, but that 200 pcm wont harm it either, couldnt get a 197 near that when i was looking a few years ago. Oh i know about that join, and i'd have a 200 no problem, just head on looks wrong to me

VTS(In Bits) BMW7.30
Im not a fan of the grill on the 200 but the rest of the car makes it seem much better overall to the 197.

The 197 isnt a bad looking car. Id quite happily have either. Just the rear on the 200 beats the 197 overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.