ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

better looking 197 or 200???

What's better looking?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Because the 200 is the ugliest car Renault have produced in the last five years?

Possibly. The poll seems to show that.

You've even got the odd 200 owner in here saying that the 197's better looking. lol

I'm not sure on your statistical analysis skills (now or at the time of your post), seems pretty much an even split of 200/197 to me with a relatively low biase towards the 197....:rasp:

The figures wont lie, but that 200 pcm wont harm it either, couldnt get a 197 near that when i was looking a few years ago. Oh i know about that join, and i'd have a 200 no problem, just head on looks wrong to me

Very true! I paid £2.5k deposit and now pay £225 a month! So 2.5 times the deposit to pay £25 a month more!

LY 200
I love the way people get stressed out about these things!!!

Who really gives a sh?t what looks better or what other people think looks better!? lol

You've got what you've got and must be happy with it so live with it.

Turbo LY R27
I'm not sure on your statistical analysis skills (now or at the time of your post), seems pretty much an even split of 200/197 to me with a relatively low biase towards the 197....:rasp:

not that you being at all defensive pmsl!!!!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Funny how everyone hated the 200 at first and now its come full circle - 197's look dated to me now compared to the 200 - I think the older the 200 gets the more it will tick all the boxes.

clio
i think the 200 is growing on me now. when I was looking first time round my sensible part said 200 (warranty, good finance deal etc etc ), but my eyes said black R27 -couldn't stand the look of the front on the 200. not regretted it - still turns heads and looks mean as imo.

Further down the line i'll replace worn 197 cup shocks with 200 cup versions, switch the steering rack and treat her to a remap = Voila nicer looking 200!

a bit off topic but i adored the ph1 172 when it was first out, then hated it when the ph2 came out, now i'd struggle to choose on looks tbh. I think this will be the case with the 197/200 in the future

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
197 Front End With A 200 Rear End If That Was Possible.

I would say im torn between the 2 of them but im going to say 200

Maz

LY 200
LOL at this thread, nice to see this place hasnt changed :approve:

200 for me but im biased, I love owning the ugliest car renault has made in the last five years... Christopher, dont you drive a twingo :rasp:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Its not a classically good looking car though is it? How you can call a complete mismatch of lines, that conflict with the rest of the car "gorgeous" is beyond me :S

RenaultSport Clio 172 FF
IMO the 200 is a much better looking car than the 197, I'd have a 200 tomorrow if i could.

A FF 200 in AG with cup pack and Carbon Trim, if Father Christmas is watching this thread. PMSL

Not a 320d
At the end of the day though, its a Renault whichever one you buy, so its a sack of s**t either way.

I wouldnt be driving a Renault if I had another choice.

LY 200
^LOL.

Iv had four in seven years and no major issues so you either got unlucky or dont know how to look after a car.

GTD, Lupo
At the end of the day though, its a Renault whichever one you buy, so its a sack of s**t either way.

I wouldnt be driving a Renault if I had another choice.

You again :clown:. You always seem to write the most stupid comments. I had about 4 choices when it came to getting a new car.

BMW335M/Clio200/182
No issues. You just decided to pick holes in someones opinion because it's not what you own. If he'd said he preferred the Gordi to a 197 Cup you wouldn't have said a word..

Ahhh...You're trying to say that comparing a 197 F1 to a standard 200 is equal? It's equal in the box around your brain.

The 197 F1 was designed to look visually stunning, celebrating the success of RenaultSport and the R27.

Compare a 200 FF with Cup Chassis to a 197 FF with Cup Chassis.

Same paint, same spec.

The 197 F1 was designed to look visually stunning, celebrating the success of RenaultSport and the R27.

You can keep saying that all you want, but it doesnt change the fact the only difference between the F1 and 197 is a few decals...

Oh, and who cares about a cheap dash or lack of colour coding when your buying a car for its performance? and if your bothered about the colour coding, then its a £20 fix...

BMW335M/Clio200/182
You can keep saying that all you want, but it doesnt change the fact the only difference between the F1 and 197 is a few decals...

Oh, and who cares about a cheap dash or lack of colour coding when your buying a car for its performance? and if your bothered about the colour coding, then its a £20 fix...

5 decals that cover a significant area of the car and give it much more visual identity.

Your 197 Cup is cr@p

Yeah, I saw you said that in the post you have now edited. Why is it crap? I had no need or desire for the extras that came on the standard car, and so took the option to keep the extra money in my pocket. The 197 cup interior is still better than a 182s, and tbh isnt THAT much different to the standard car, just a slightly less luxuirous dash. If the colour coding bothers you, as I said its a cheap fix.

As for the decals on the F1, yes there is five, well done on being able to count, but IMO they dont have THAT big an affect on the visual appearance, and certainly dont make it any more impressive. The front end on the 200 though, well that really does ruin it.

BMW335M/Clio200/182
Yeah, I saw you said that in the post you have now edited. Why is it crap? I had no need or desire for the extras that came on the standard car, and so took the option to keep the extra money in my pocket. The 197 cup interior is still better than a 182s, and tbh isnt THAT much different to the standard car, just a slightly less luxuirous dash. If the colour coding bothers you, as I said its a cheap fix.

As for the decals on the F1, yes there is five, well done on being able to count, but IMO they dont have THAT big an affect on the visual appearance, and certainly dont make it any more impressive. The front end on the 200 though, well that really does ruin it.

It's a Clio and a crap spec one. Even Citreon can do better with their interior so stop trying to justify it to yourself.

The R27 is is much more desirable in the 2nd hand market. Few people have deleted the decals, simply because they look stunning.

You really dont have a clue what you are talking about. Yes, of cause the R27 is more desirable in the second hand market, it was a limited edition and came with a better base spec. HOWEVER the 197 cup interior is not as bad as you are trying to make out. The only thing that is different to the standard 197 is the dash, which is still nicer than the 1*2 dash!

oh and the note of spec, what is my cup missing that makes it such a poor specification??

Status
Not open for further replies.