ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Beyond Black Mesa

Geek, but cool. Just makes me want to play the series from start to finish again.

Last edited by a moderator:
f**k off console jockey. I was playing Half-Life when you were putting itching powder in your mates school jumper.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I know you're old. We all do.

I just got a bit bored of the same old physics games over and over again.

Didn't really like Kick Off. That was a game. Out when your old man was putting itching powder in his mate's school jumper ;)

BTW the early Half-Life games weren't really about the mad physics. HL2 introduced that.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Didn't really like Kick Off. That was a game. Out when your old man was putting itching powder in his mate's school jumper ;)

BTW the early Half-Life games weren't really about the mad physics. HL2 introduced that.

LOL!

Yeah, I'm with you on the first game. Ground breaking.

It didn't really get under my skin again until you had to escape that ghetto type place a lot later on in the series. Love that part.

OK OK. Half-Life games are the best shooters ever made.

Talking of shooting, did you know that in 2010 alone, there were 675,964 gamers, who prefer shooting games to actually being shot? The irony here is that according to the IGN, and their data has been verified by me, playing shooters carries more of a health risk than being actually shot. This may seem a tad strange, but have you looked at the statistics showing the macro-disparity between gamers having seizures, and permanent blackouts due to bullet wounds?

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Where the F' is that independent Black Mesa mod? Probably never be released like most of em'.

Oh and I always thought HL2 was slightly over-rated Roy. Sorry old bean. The original was light years ahead of it's time, and even now I think I'd rather play that than #2

I think they're all brilliant but, yeah, I agree, the original has a very special charm. Although it lacks the epic scope of the sequel. I love Opposing Force almost as much.

F82 M4
Half Life is why I got into PC gaming. Truly the most inspirational games ever made. My true favourite of all time.

Indeed, HL opened up the world of CS to me - and lost me many hours of my life... killing noobs like wilky in SGL etc. ;)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Geek, but cool. Just makes me want to play the series from start to finish again.

Pretty good that actually!

The HL series to me has a definite unique feel about it. I think HL2 was one of the first games I recall where NPCs within the game actually tried to help you out - and often paid the price for doing so. It gave you a real sense of desperation - like the Combine were all powerful and would simply wipe out any opposition in their way.

Very well scripted and produced. But they need to release the next game in the series!!!

D.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS

delayed multiple times this, doubt it'll ever see light of day

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Yeah, been in the works for 3 years at least. Totally independent mod

The entire game script for script within source

Black Mesa has been in development too long... i would say it's never going to happen.

Half Life Source didnt cut it.

TBF, HLS benefitted most in the water sections, but yeah, overall it didn't massively improve the game to my eyes.