ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG 182 - Tinker Project

Hi, So I've recently bought myself a 2005 Black/Gold 182 in pretty good condition, has both the cup pack extras (Cup Spoiler and Splitter) and the graphite wheels so assuming has the suspension pack? I have the half and half seats so isn't a CUP. Having previously owned an MX5 I wanted to come back to a clio at some point when like all teenagers the insurance finally becomes reasonable. I searched for around a month for a clio until I found one that took my fancy, I also looked at the Mazda3 Sport but thought looked a bit bulky and wanted something nippy and small. I was willing to pay a little bit more if something came about that ticked all the boxes and didnt really mind 172/182 if it looked the part. I didn't want a huge project nor did a want something that had never seen rain. So I came across this one slightly higher mileage at 100k but well looked after and tidy.
Have a few plans for it but priority wise I just want to get it as good as it can be before I start tinkering with it, although I said that about my MX5 and ended up going full JDM on it :confused:.
Only thing not standard is the stainless exhaust but adds to the experience and the gauge ive put in. Should be some progress on this soon.

CS1.jpg

CS2.jpg

First things first, replaced the thumb grips with new ones, bargain at £8.50 on eBay really tidies things up.
CS3.jpg

Had this gauge in my MX5 and being one that is Green/White backlit just wired it up slightly different so it somewhat matches, just need to make a backing plate for it and wire in the sender sensor.
CS4_1.jpg

Made a few tasteful stickers for the interior:
CS5.jpg

Looks great pal, what've you got planned for it?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Lots of plans to be honest but I want to get it to a really good standard condition before I start playing with it, there's not much more that need doing now but it will be unique in no time haha, many plans for yours?

So the passenger side light was really making the front end look a bit shabby so I bought the 3M kit and it's worked a lot better than I thought. It actually looks brand new

7309ff102806acba7be936117789a474.jpg

I also took the front bumper off to see if I could find the problem with my washer jets but even though the pump still makes a noise and they aren't blocked I think it's probably the pump. I think I might use a y piece and hook them up to the back jet as I've just dewipered it.

79d8d42fbadf07613922cb3848401a0e.jpg

I used a bit of carbon wrap and smoothed the wiper plate on the back, my Cliosport pack came so I've chuck the sticker in the window as well

73f633b340980242d3787d40781b36c0.jpg

On the front I've swapped side lights for led's and wrapped the badge in gloss black, think I've come to the conclusion that I'm going for stealthy black with it.

63e6c1f493ceb975fb57ab3ce3b0b0c0.jpg

074a634fa5c3ff666f98c1bb7333b87f.jpg

Ok so a little while since an update, added a few little bits and had its first proper polish the other with some autobrite goodies.

So it's had some wind deflectors, pressed plates, power flow exhaust mounts to stiffen it up and align the tips a bit better, tidied the engine bay up somewhat and fabricated a battery cover out of a piece of Perspex. Also fitted a JL sub because it was free and why not haha

Next task is the refurb the wheels but not sure what colour to go for or just stay standard.

4508a5a1a73fc4f98b19796f8f030469.jpg
9f740474db9c043cb61b64e627b9c6a3.jpg
5fee8f46fbe6d0b0f604f211608095d4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk