ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

big brakes

Lionel Richie

Big brakes really arent needed on the 172/182 (unless you wanna do stoppies in your clio!!!)

Its overkill TBH

The Yozza sport kit is the best VFM/best performing kit available IMO

Nissan R35 GT-R

Firstly stay well away from hi-spec based on what Ive heard from many sources.

Secondly - the only reason you would need big brakes is if you do trackdays. Otherwise you just dont benefit.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

And even then its not really needed.

What you need is a setup that wont fade, oh and guess who sells one of those...

y0z2asport combination is easily the best VFM

GDI have just released their 4-pot kit for the 172/182 which should be very good

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Frosty on 07 February 2005

Firstly stay well away from hi-spec based on what Ive heard from many sources.

Ive heard their new stuff is gash (ive got them on mine too!! ooops!)

Secondly - the only reason you would need big brakes is if you do trackdays or youre a show off

BMW 320d Sport

Hi Spec are bloody good stoppers from my experience. I certainly wouldnt trust anything smaller on mine at the moment (325mm discs and 4 pot calipers). KTEC and BB (not sure about GDI) are just resold HiSPec kits.

I understand where people are coming from regarding the value for money thing, you can spend a hell of a lot of money on brakes if you want to. But remember that the bottom line is there is no such thing as too much brakes LOL. You will always benefit from putting in the biggest discs you can. On my old OEM brakes I experienced fade a few times, sometimes on a fast bit of cross-country hacking, sometimes on track, sometimes after a long hard stop. I dont ever want to experience that again, and with big brakes, I dont have to. I can have full confidence that they will haul me down without the benefit of ABS, time after time.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 06 February 2005

I have this kit on my Cup. :D

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 06 February 2005

^^^ Another happy customer here!

You cant go wrong with these, brilliant stopping power, no fade after a lot of punishment on the track, and a great price too.

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 07 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by stu8v on 06 February 2005

You want the AP Racing kit its the best.
why do you say that??? £1200+ price tag OVERKILL

I say that because its better than the shonky fashion type crap!

Buy once and buy the best AP, Brembo or Alcon.

I say this because you have a better selection, better backup, more pad compounds plus they are more compact and likely to fit under std wheels.

You always pay more for quality.