ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIG help needed- rear ABS sensor!

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
passenger side for uk cars (mine is EU so driver's side for me but you get the idea)

monaco 172
Read mine and steves last few posts on the Renault vs Bosch thread.

Triscan is the one and as far as I'm aware can only be got from Germany. Mine took a week to come and was about 38 plus 8 delivery

There is loads of websites selling the triscan but they are all the same company called auto doc.

This is the one I bought for the drivers side

https://m.autodoc.co.uk/triscan/7659429

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
thx for the replies! for now I found a guy that is pretty sure he can get me the ATE sensor.. we'll see.. if not I'll go for the triscan

thx for the replies! for now I found a guy that is pretty sure he can get me the ATE sensor.. we'll see.. if not I'll go for the triscan
Remember you could always get a rear stub axel from eBay with sensor attached. Much easier than bashing out the old sensor as well.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Well.... the guy that promised me the ate sensor just gave my money back as his supplier canceled his order...... The triscan sensor is nowhere to be found either, it's out of stock everywhere on multiple autoparts stores across EU and UK also.
FInding a second hand part is virtually impossible where I live, and getting smth from ebay is a bit of a risc as you can't be sure it's in working order untill you plug it to the car.
Was thinking about taking the sensor out and see if by any chance a electrician could do some magic and fix it, is it a pain to get it out? never had the chance to see how it looks down there
This really begins to bug me how come virtually NO ONE is making this thing? man this sucks big time

PH2 172
Well.... the guy that promised me the ate sensor just gave my money back as his supplier canceled his order...... The triscan sensor is nowhere to be found either, it's out of stock everywhere on multiple autoparts stores across EU and UK also.
FInding a second hand part is virtually impossible where I live, and getting smth from ebay is a bit of a risc as you can't be sure it's in working order untill you plug it to the car.
Was thinking about taking the sensor out and see if by any chance a electrician could do some magic and fix it, is it a pain to get it out? never had the chance to see how it looks down there
This really begins to bug me how come virtually NO ONE is making this thing? man this sucks big time

https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/oenumber/6000073528.html

PH2 172
That's drivers side Steve, think he's after the passenger side (UK passenger side) which does appear to be out of stock.

Wish people would stick to LH & RH, as I read drivers side, but now realise the car is LHD.

The RH is currently available, with twice the length of wiring of the LH.

One side has a male connector, and the other a female, but It would not take a great deal of ingenuity to work out how to connect 2 wires together on the LH

side.

monaco 172
Wow, the prices have gone up! I'm sure I only paid about 35 quid plus shipping.

I'm half tempted to replace the side which I didn't change last time as it seems inevitable that it will go anyway while they are in stock.

PH2 172
Wow, the prices have gone up! I'm sure I only paid about 35 quid plus shipping.

I'm half tempted to replace the side which I didn't change last time as it seems inevitable that it will go anyway while they are in stock.

They are still are around £ 35 in Germany, but for some reason, eBay sellers want a ridiculous £23 or so for postage to the UK.

I was half tempted to contact Triscan for a price for 10 of each to help you guys out, but thought better of it, as the 1st guy that has misdiagnosed his

fault, will claim it`s faulty, and I can`t be doing with hassle.

monaco 172
They are still are around £ 35 in Germany, but for some reason, eBay sellers want a ridiculous £23 or so for postage to the UK.

I was half tempted to contact Triscan for a price for 10 of each to help you guys out, but thought better of it, as the 1st guy that has misdiagnosed his

fault, will claim it`s faulty, and I can`t be doing with hassle.

Yet I know what you mean mate.

I did hear a rhumor that ktec had done something similar but that was a few months ago now.

I can't fault the triscan product though, quality felt way better than non genuine stuff I had in the past on other cars.

PH2 172
Yet I know what you mean mate.

I did hear a rhumor that ktec had done something similar but that was a few months ago now.

I can't fault the triscan product though, quality felt way better than non genuine stuff I had in the past on other cars.

I will revisit the page that claimed that the original ATE items will be available for despatch on January 8th, but suspect the date will just move forward.

Clio Williams & 182
Those show a female connector. My Trophy is male.

**ah wait second one is female**