ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Big Problem

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
past my test in 2006 at 17.

2007 - points & one claim against me costing £350

2008 - gained 1 years No Claims

2009 - got a 182, someone cut me up and its going down as my fault

I really doubt ill get insured on a 182 with 2 claims and 3 points?

Thoughts?

None
you can search the comparison sites and go with the cheapest but as to how good they will be when it comes to making a claim is another matter!

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
well im payinh 2300 on TPFT at the moment... i know its expensive but i can afford it.. but dont really want to pay more... i will be 20 when the insurance runs out (January)

What do you think will be a quote ruffly

Not a 320d
2300 holy f**k. Itll cost me 1300 at 21 with 2 yrs ncb and 6 points on a GT and i thought that was disgusting.

MCS R56
well im payinh 2300 on TPFT at the moment... i know its expensive but i can afford it.. but dont really want to pay more... i will be 20 when the insurance runs out (January)

What do you think will be a quote ruffly

What a complete waste of money - get another car.

320d
try direct line. did wonders for me and my brother.

21+ on 1*2's.

With regards to the OP i'd recommend improving your driving qualifications. I did the Institute of Advanced Motorings test and got a 25% reduction on my insurance premium off Flux on my modded 172.

It will realy help both financially and in the standards of your driving, it won't make you an expert but it certainly improved my driving 500%

the two claims could be a problem tbh, you may have to consider getting it insured in your parents name and you being a named driver tbh

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I had two claims when I was a kid (18) and I was fucked. I had to leave it a year as they wanted £3k on a 1.2. In the end after a year I got insured for £1,500 on a 1.4RT. Btw, both claims weren't my fault but uninsured drivers.