ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Billstein B14 coilovers

CBR1000RR Fireblade
having heard nothing but good things about these and my v maxx seizing then rusting beyond belief im looking into a set.

do any member on clio sport have them fitted?

if so thoughts and how low can you go on them?

Just nicked from a site who is selling themm

Bilstein B14 PSS Coilover Suspension Kits offer the latest motorsport development for fast road use. The Bilstein B14 PSS system features threaded body ride height adjustment and uses monotube inverted technology to provide a balanced performance and handling in every situation. The ride height adjustment varies between 30mm and 60mm and can be easily adjusted on the car. The Bilstein B14 PSS suspension kit is TUV approved.
Additional Notes:
Lowers Front 30mm (Recommended)
Lowers Rear 30mm (Recommended)
Front Axle: upto: 860 kg
If thats any help seems upto 60mm

Nick

CBR1000RR Fireblade
thanks nick, i read on kam racings site they drop upto 60mm which is the height im looking for. i also heard and read elsewhere they only drop a maximum of 40mm too. im confused and would like to see pictures of 182s / 172s that have these fitted and get some feed back from the people who have these fitted.

Stripped yozza'd cup
They drop much more than 30mm, that's just the quoted figure because of the TUV testing.

I've heard nothing but good things about them. Ideal for fast road / track use and what I will be spending my money on when I get to it.

BG 182
Same as said above I have heard nothing but good things about Bilsteins as a whole, if you pay good money 9 times out of 10 the products are good quality

CBR1000RR Fireblade
i agree with "you get what you pay for"

my car already had v maxx fitted when i bought it last month. im not happy with them though. they are seized very low, corroded and the ride is far too soft IMO.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
The official lowering amount is less than what you can actually go down. This is simply due to the TUV certification.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
The official lowering amount is less than what you can actually go down. This is simply due to the TUV certification.

I want bilsteins:( Please sort out these for cup packs :(

Massive gap in the market for decent and affordable suspension for the cup packed motors. Anything decent is over 1k

Last edited:
  CBR1000RR Fireblade
Will they go down 60mm or so then?

I like the kw's too but the rear on them sits daft high. I'm hoping the bilsteins are not the same and the kw's.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I want bilsteins:( Please sort out these for cup packs :(

Massive gap in the market for decent and affordable suspension for the cup packed motors. Anything decent is over 1k

This.

I already asked Kam if they could sort them :(

CBR1000RR Fireblade
FUNCTION OVER FORM!

Did you have time to get that quote done mate?

If it was a full on track car It would be full on function over form. This isn't a track car though. Im looking for Decentish handling with the car not looking like it's on stilts at the lowest setting.

If the car stays, in time it will end up ad a dedicated track car and 100% function over form. It won't be for a while though.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
this is what im trying to avoid;

29042011170.jpg

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
^ Far too low at the front. The reason kw and the billies/H&R don't lower loads the back is because it needs suspension travel........ Only the cheap kits slam... That should tell you all you need.

Any way agree with the 182 issue. Only a slight mod needed. I had B14's on my 172 cup and thought they were superb. If I ever need to sell the 197 I'd probaby get another 182, but go un cupped as there is more coilover choice

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
This was mine on the B14's

allsorts070.jpg

033.jpg

(Best side on shots i have)

Thats as low as the rear will go. Any lower looks stupid imo

Bilstein's won't leave it looking like it's on stilts, this was my old 172 on B14s:

SAM_0446.jpg

Equal arch gap front and rear, didn't scrub, not too harsh over bumps, perfect. The cup a couple of posts above is simply too low at the front and parked on uneven ground, that's why it looks daft.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Bilstein's won't leave it looking like it's on stilts, this was my old 172 on B14s:

SAM_0446.jpg

Equal arch gap front and rear, didn't scrub, not too harsh over bumps, perfect. The cup a couple of posts above is simply too low at the front and parked on uneven ground, that's why it looks daft.

that sits spot on IMO

Lionel Richie
Problem is the amount required for the group buy, think it was 25, and all at once.

If a shop, like Kam or Ktec or anyone, bought 25 sets, they would easily sell over a couple of years.

no company is going to outlay say £20k on the hope of selling the stock "over a couple of years"