ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers

Mk2 clio campus
I dont know if this already has a thread
I have a mk2 clio campus
And I want to lower it.
I bought some coilocers for a mk2 clio, thinking all was good. It came to fitting them and it didn't fit. So I decided to make them fit (cut it so the bolt gap was smaller). Went for a small drive and it drove awful. Screeched everywhere and I hate how it felt.
Anyone put their campus on coilovers? Which coilovers did you use? I cant drive like this. I feel like I have no control. Any help would be great!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
200.gif

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
On a more helpful note, you should take them off, bin them (because you’ve cut them) and buy ones that are designed for the campus / non-sports as I assume that’s what you’ve bought hence them not fitting?

In all honesty though, on a campus and with the state of todays roads, I’d just put the standard suspension back on and be done with it.

Mk2 clio campus
On a more helpful note, you should take them off, bin them (because you’ve cut them) and buy ones that are designed for the campus / non-sports as I assume that’s what you’ve bought hence them not fitting?

In all honesty though, on a campus and with the state of todays roads, I’d just put the standard suspension back on and be done with it.
The only reason I modified the coilovers I had is because I was searching for about 3 months for campus specific coilovers. The strut fitment is 52mm I think and everything is 58mm. I didn't want to go out and spend close to 1k for coilovers on a clio. I honestly think that if nobody has any ideas then I will be going back standard.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
The only reason I modified the coilovers I had is because I was searching for about 3 months for campus specific coilovers. The strut fitment is 52mm I think and everything is 58mm. I didn't want to go out and spend close to 1k for coilovers on a clio. I honestly think that if nobody has any ideas then I will be going back standard.

Cheaper option would be springs, but the ride won’t be good. It would lower it, but at the expense of the ride quality.

I’d leave it until you move up the “car chain”. As you note, modding something that’s a cheap runaround can be a false economy.

Mk2 clio campus
Cheaper option would be springs, but the ride won’t be good. It would lower it, but at the expense of the ride quality.

I’d leave it until you move up the “car chain”. As you note, modding something that’s a cheap runaround can be a false economy.
Yeah I didnt want to spend lots of money on it but I wanted to adjust the arch gap on it

Did you get alignment checkedafter you took the suspension apart and drilled random holes, with the best intention, by eye.

You can setup a clio with too much toe to the point where it looks fine and still drives in a straight line if symmetrical, but as soon you steer you’ll have one wheel pointing straight and the other trying to turn a corner.

just the act of lowering it gives you more toe out due to bump steer.