ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bilt Hamber snow foam

Evening folks, with the bad weather season upon us and having used the last of my snowfoam I took a chance on some Bilt Hamber.

Got to say what a great product! Car hasn't been washed since September/October can't exactly remember which month and I've used it daily since.

Attachments

• IMG_20210102_151024.jpg
    IMG_20210102_151024.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20210102_151024.jpg
    IMG_20210102_151024.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_20210102_151012.jpg
    IMG_20210102_151012.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 106
Here's only one photo afterwards as it was f**king freezing!

Attachments

• IMG_20210102_152826.jpg
    IMG_20210102_152826.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 112

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
It's all I use in the winter months on my cars, quick snowfoam and a rinse and that's it, it's good for under arches etc also, really good stuff if you give it a decent dwell time

Here's some other photos which I think show how much salt etc. It's taken off

Attachments

• IMG_20210104_140513.jpg
    IMG_20210104_140513.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20210104_140451.jpg
    IMG_20210104_140451.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 95

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Is there anywhere that has it in stock along with decent snow foam lance and 1/4 quick release.

Wife was asking me earlier for birthday presents (I had previously mentioned it) but not yet looked.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Is there anywhere that has it in stock along with decent snow foam lance and 1/4 quick release.

Wife was asking me earlier for birthday presents (I had previously mentioned it) but not yet looked.

Buy all my stuff from these guys in Southend mate. Really good knowledgeable and friendly folk.
Prices keen and delivery is always double quick.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Think I may have bought from them before actually. All sold out of the lesser expensive bottles unfortunately.

Think I'll get the bottle from CYC and slims for the BH.

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
Other one I tried was autobrite magifoam I think it was, goes on quick thick and has a long dwell time (20mins) but it was also very good at removing heavy grime, just need to stick to the dwell time as it needs it, top quality product though

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
It’s the only one really that set out to clean and not just about looking good.
What's the lubrication like? I don't tend to let my cars get too filthy, but foam for extra lubrication during the hands on wash. Would it add anything?

Would be a nice double functioning foam if it's nice and soapy as well.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
BH snowfoam is mega, ive used it for ages. Let it dwell a bit them blast off and it comes up great.

Miles better than most of the shite that foams up like shaving foam and does nothing.

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Been my go to foam for as long as I can remember. Tried a few others but nothing else gets close for cleaning power.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Tis the best you can buy imo!
A lot of people don’t rate it cus they think the foam needs to be thick to work.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Literally just read a comparison review on detailing works comparing sprayer to a lance. He preferred the former, was easier and reacted the same.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I swapped to this in the summer. Really rate it. I find it goes a lot further as well with regards to mixture in bottle after going over the car compared to other products.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Tried the power maxed tfr diluted as recommended by a fair few. It's OK but would try something ekse if it ever runs out, lol.

Used surfex hd, the iron remover etc and always been very impressed with their products.

Where's the best place to get this from

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Might have to give this a go, I've used a couple of different ones recently (small bottles), Carbon Collective Ultimus and Gyeon Foam.

I was impressed with CC Ultimus, did it's job well and a 500ml bottle lasted me 6 months and that was the beginning of lockdown where the weather was lovely so I was washing twice a week (its a problem I know). We also have a f**k off big tree at the bottom of the drive that likes to soil my car with sap.

Gyeon Foam is decent and a little goes a long way.

I'd like to know how people are actually using their snow foam, because I've always been under the impression you're to give the car a rinse prior to foaming anyway. Not just use it on a soiled car and jet wash off.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
I’ve always done mine onto a dirty dry car. But yeah, generally I think you’re meant to rinse first.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I usually spray the car off with the jetwash, then clean the wheels leaving the water to run off, by the time I've finished the wheels standing water is gone, foam the car, leave to sit for 5-10 mins while I prep my wash and rinse buckets, give the rubbers and crevices/badges a bit of brush action and then jetwash off

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I usually spray the car off with the jetwash, then clean the wheels leaving the water to run off, by the time I've finished the wheels standing water is gone, foam the car, leave to sit for 5-10 mins while I prep my wash and rinse buckets, give the rubbers and crevices/badges a bit of brush action and then jetwash off

👌 exactly what I do, except for the buckets I do it all before I start ha ha ha. Never been "White Details Jim" confident on spraying between door jams and inner sills, so I use a soft brush for that also ha ha ha.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Tried the power maxed tfr diluted as recommended by a fair few. It's OK but would try something ekse if it ever runs out, lol.

Used surfex hd, the iron remover etc and always been very impressed with their products.

Where's the best place to get this from

Auto finnesse citrus power is great too

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
👌 exactly what I do, except for the buckets I do it all before I start ha ha ha. Never been "White Details Jim" confident on spraying between door jams and inner sills, so I use a soft brush for that also ha ha ha.
Yeah I tried spraying inside door shuts and it just went everywhere even on a low setting on the Karcher😂😂 I just wipe em out after brushing them haha

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Same here, if the car is extremely dirty I first put a TFR down with a sprayer and then foam on top.

Also foam again after rinsing and before hand washing to have a clean foam layer to add slickness during the hand wash.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Same here, if the car is extremely dirty I first put a TFR down with a sprayer and then foam on top.

Also foam again after rinsing and before hand washing to have a clean foam layer to add slickness during the hand wash.

Can't help thinking you're wasting product, aren't you supposed to use TFR on a cleaned car?

Am I reading that right, you foam it 3 times?

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I use a Traffic Film Remover first, something like Autoglym TFR or Poorboys Bug Squash out of a spray bottle. These are non foaming high pH cleaners, which I only use when my car is extremely dirty and is being protected again afterwards.

Let that dwell and before it dries up I foam on top.

Rinse and foam again to do all the edges, windows, emblems etc with brushes and then after second rinse, foam a third time to put down a layer of suds to help the shampoo in the bucket.

Usually I don't let the cars get too dirty so I don't use the TFR or Bug Squash a lot and just foam twice.

Can easily foam six or seven times out of a 700ml bottle with Kenotek foam diluted 1:10 so I don't have to refill the bottle every time which makes things a bit easier.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
From my understanding any sort of contaminant removal should be done post wash pre dry. Otherwise your not getting the most out of your product as there's a film of shite on top of things like tar and bug debris.

Last edited:

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I agree if you're using dedicated products like iron remover or Tar remover as that stuff is expensive. But I don't tend to use those unless I'm claying and polishing afterwards.

What I described above is just a maintenance wash for me. In that case I want to get rid of as much muck as I can before touching the paint.

Just looked up the spec of the Bilt Hamber foam and that's pH 13 as well, not sure what the pH is on impact after diluting but that might explain why it's so effective!

The foam I use is pH neutral. Combining it with the traffic film remover gives me more options in terms of cleaning power. Don't like to use the high pH stuff if I don't need to.