ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bilt Hamber snow foam

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I would always heavily rinse a car before using any product, you're kinda wasting the power of the product putting it on a dry or car covered in loose stuff, the foam is to remove the layer before touching.

Rinsing is super important, I get right under the arches and in all areas heavily with PW before any pre spray treatment or snowfoam. you want the spray of SF having to do as little as possible.

TFR is just like a citrus pre spray and should be done during the initial rinse stage, will really soften up the grime.

And dilution wise, not really worth giving a though with a mm of water on the car, considering the snow foam is going through a water fed lance anyway.

I prefer:

Heavy rinse down
autofoam via pump sprayer on heavy areas,
Either rinse this or straight on with snowfoam and let it drag everything away.
Final pre rinse

Now I saw someone mention more snowfoam... yeah I actually have done this, it really adds to the mitt washing process, especially if you have SF in the bottle any, quick spray over and then on with the mitt, aids lubrication if you are fussy, most of the time the shampoo will do the work on lube but something I liked doing.

Final rinse before de-tar, de iron clay etc.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I tend to

Rinse to get most stuff off
Put product on
Leave for a few mins
Jet wash off.
Wash car
Rinse.

2014 Clio 200t edc
I might have to try some of this. I bought some pro-kleen snow foam but I can’t get a decent foam out of it and it does sweet fa on the car!

2014 Clio 200t edc
Ive found for some reason when making the bottle up, using warm water makes the foam thicker...maybe worth a try @PP172
thank you for the suggestion, i need to mess again really and try. i did try with hot water, but didnt seem to make much difference. i think it is just the foam isnt very good sadly. might just get some different foam and see.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I normally just go straight on with the foam before a rinse, always found it tends to just run off with a pre rinse

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I would always heavily rinse a car before using any product, you're kinda wasting the power of the product putting it on a dry or car covered in loose stuff, the foam is to remove the layer before touching.

Rinsing is super important, I get right under the arches and in all areas heavily with PW before any pre spray treatment or snowfoam. you want the spray of SF having to do as little as possible.

TFR is just like a citrus pre spray and should be done during the initial rinse stage, will really soften up the grime.

And dilution wise, not really worth giving a though with a mm of water on the car, considering the snow foam is going through a water fed lance anyway.

I prefer:

Heavy rinse down
autofoam via pump sprayer on heavy areas,
Either rinse this or straight on with snowfoam and let it drag everything away.
Final pre rinse

Now I saw someone mention more snowfoam... yeah I actually have done this, it really adds to the mitt washing process, especially if you have SF in the bottle any, quick spray over and then on with the mitt, aids lubrication if you are fussy, most of the time the shampoo will do the work on lube but something I liked doing.

Final rinse before de-tar, de iron clay etc.
When you say snow foam via a pump sprayer, as in a hozelock job?

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
I'm a detailer of sorts and always find myself using Autobrite's magifoam, it's got a suggested dwell time of 20 minutes (I think, maybe more!) and it really will last that long before starting to break down. With the long dwell period, I find it a great time to do up your 2/3 buckets, get your other bits set-up and then still have the time to go over all the cars panel gaps/lights/badges with a detailing brush. Rinse it off after 15 minutes or so and I find the cleaning power to be substantial, but obviously you'd have to begin your cleaning process then.

My Dad thinks a snow foam should be spray on and jet blast off in 2 minutes to reveal a sparkling clean car that doesn't need washing... oh how we can dream :ROFLMAO:

Another good option is Infinity Wax snow foam, but I like all of their products to be fair. Bilt Hamber is brilliant, but it's not my go-to brand.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I must be the only one who doesn't rate Bilt Hamber snow foam. I prefer Valet Pro personally, I think it cleans better than the BH.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I must be the only one who doesn't rate Bilt Hamber snow foam. I prefer Valet Pro personally, I think it cleans better than the BH.

Plenty of test having it topping performance. You have to use a crazy amount in the lance (spraying sparingly) to get the most out of auto foam. One inch at the bottom of the bottle doesn’t apply to BH.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Magi foam is the most all show snowfoam about. It’s made for Instagram posts and not much else 😂

Cant beat the performance of BH foam which only has a dwell time of 5 mins...

I can't complain about the cleaning power of the magifoam here 🤷‍♂️ Think it's all down to preferences, lances, different water etc.. Like I mentioned I'm not slating BH foam, but I feel like there is better options out there, in my opinion. Of course everyone has their preference. I've begun using a pre-wash to get the majority of the dirt off before using a snow foam though, depends what job I'm tackling though!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
The infinity wax stuff looks good to be fair.
I'll probably try that or Valet Pro next

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
The infinity wax stuff looks good to be fair.
I'll probably try that or Valet Pro next

Try Wipeout or Power Foam, I'd also recommend their QDX too to keep the gloss topped up!

tempImageeawT3X.png

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Shiney. Which qdx is it?.

Edir. Infinity wax qdx.

Is there a good site to try samples out?. I simply buy a 15 bottle of stuff then buy something else. Don't think I've ever finished anything bar srp.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Where's best to order this? Every snow foam I use tends to do bugger all tbh! Doesnt stop me using it every wash though..

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Shiney. Which qdx is it?.

Edir. Infinity wax qdx.

Is there a good site to try samples out?. I simply buy a 15 bottle of stuff then buy something else. Don't think I've ever finished anything bar srp.

Normally Clean Your Ride offer samples but currently don't offer anything from Infinity Wax. Everyone has a bottle of SRP in their arsenal :ROFLMAO:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
For sure, I have a near new one at work.

Thought there was another dedicated sample site, will have a mooch later.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I seem to remember the dilution was 4% of product on impact so you'd have to use your specific pressure washer/foam bottle, empty a full bottle (filled with water) and then measure how much total water is in the bucket to calculate how much autofoam you'd need in your foam bottle.

Did the test a while back and think I needed something insane like 650ml in a 1 liter foam bottle to get to 4%.

Pricey but if it actually works might be worth it?

Edit:
Actually found the picture with the correct method, think I got this from the Bilt Hamber website a while ago.
129305_Eb21HRzyAzqeQ8Ee3pBFF391IkrAIzx8qg.jpg

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I seem to remember the dilution was 4% of product on impact so you'd have to use your specific pressure washer/foam bottle, empty a full bottle (filled with water) and then measure how much total water is in the bucket to calculate how much autofoam you'd need in your foam bottle.

Did the test a while back and think I needed something insane like 650ml in a 1 liter foam bottle to get to 4%.

Pricey but if it actually works might be worth it?

Edit:
Actually found the picture with the correct method, think I got this from the Bilt Hamber website a while ago.
View attachment 1514594

This method has been discussed on here before but was largely discredited. I didn’t really follow why though.
You’re not going to be using that whole 1L in the 1 application though, no? I only use about 300ml of mixed product per use. That covers the whole car and wheel arches. I don’t see any point in using more.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
This method has been discussed on here before but was largely discredited. I didn’t really follow why though.
You’re not going to be using that whole 1L in the 1 application though, no? I only use about 300ml of mixed product per use. That covers the whole car and wheel arches. I don’t see any point in using more.
Ah don't think I've read that thread, I'd think just diluting it further will still work, just not as effectively. But if you don't need the full cleaning power I guess it would be a waste to use it at full strength. Dilute to suit?

Reading an in depth review on detailingworld does give the impression that auto foam in the advised dilution works even when only just getting the car wet, then actually becoming quite economical.

As you said, you don't need to use a whole 1 liter bottle for one car.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
You should be able to use it sparingly at 4% PIR and therefore get multiple applications from the 1L bottle.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Send them an email

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210109-065408_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210109-065408_Facebook.jpg
    524.4 KB · Views: 107