ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bird crap

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
So the girlfriend is using the car for work, and it seems the car park has a lot of birds flying over. It's a problem for everyone there. Any hints/tips on getting them off? Been going out each night with the mitt and bucket, but if there is a spray or something, I am keen to try anything ; (

Hi i use ag bird wipes ,or wet wipes ,to make it soft then wipe off and clean with a qd ..poorboys do a spray...http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/poorboys-bird-s**t-remover-spray-16oz.php?manufacturers_id=16

S4 Avant
I'd pressure wash them off. Rubbing with a mitt or wipe is just going to scratch the f**k out of your clear coat.

That means getting the pressure washer out every other day though!

Not necessarily. If the car is well protected a low pressure hose off will work. Or a product like auto finesse citrus power will break it down, leaving it easy to rinse off.

Wipi g is a no no. Birds eat grit to aid digestion. This poop it out leaving it on your paint.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Will poo damage a coating like cquartz finest?

only asking as I noticed a BIG bit on my roof yesterday and I don't know how long its been there for. Washed it off yesterday mind but still curious

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I usually soak some kitchen roll and pop it on the $h poop.. Leave for 10 mins or so.. Then it will rinse off,

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Bit of kitchen roll soaked in hot water, leak ontop of bird crap. Softens it right up, then just pour a bottle/pint glass of water over and it comes off. Personally I'd just get the pressure washer out, but that works.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I soak a bit of kitchen roll (Or a microfibre for a treat) in citrus pre-wash. Leave it there for a bit, every nown again I spray the cloth ensuring it's still moist. Dissolves pretty well tbh.

One sheet doesn't do plenty though.

133/225/CLS AMG
You should find a clean micro fibre cloth and quick detailer should be more than adequate.

If you spray it and rub like f*ck you will no doubt scratch it. What you need to do is spray the bird poop with some quick detailer, let it soak for a few minutes then dab it off the paintwork.

Ideally soaking with water and rinsing off would be best or a pressure washer but it's not practical on a daily basis.

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
Whats a decent wax for the original protection then? I have a black cup, I guess its the Black Gold??!

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
Some bird took a b*****d dump, and with the heat, it's near enough burnt the thing onto the bonnet! Tried polishing out which half worked, but still bad when you look? Any products which could help? ?

Clio 172 phase 1
If its eaten into the clear coat 4 passes with 2000 wet and dry and a compound on a machine polisher will sort it ... If you can't do this some one can so its not the end of the world p.s just a rough idea might need finer or corser or more paper but that's where I'd start... A sealant I find protects better against s**t than a wax but diff wax acts in diff wax I may not have used one yet to be satisfactory... I'd use a jug of water and wash them off each night ( after a wax treatment or sealant ) tis will soften and simply wash them off rubbing it will spread the indigested bird seeds and leave scratches and blemishes and then ull be buying a shotgun to get the b******s next time..

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
Shotgun licence sounds the best bet. This bird must have been big though, it was a huge dump! ; (

If its eaten into the clear coat 4 passes with 2000 wet and dry and a compound on a machine polisher will sort it ... If you can't do this some one can so its not the end of the world p.s just a rough idea might need finer or corser or more paper but that's where I'd start... A sealant I find protects better against s**t than a wax but diff wax acts in diff wax I may not have used one yet to be satisfactory... I'd use a jug of water and wash them off each night ( after a wax treatment or sealant ) tis will soften and simply wash them off rubbing it will spread the indigested bird seeds and leave scratches and blemishes and then ull be buying a shotgun to get the b*****ds next time..

How to go about ruining your paint, CS style.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I used some scratch x and a mf applicator pad to buff of the etching a bird poo left on my car.

Must've been some dodgy bird poo as usually I can just blast if off with a hose but this bad boy way litterly like concrete, full of grit etc, left a good old mark but managed to get it off with the scratch x.

Probably be better to use better polish etc but it was what I had to hand and it done the trick nicely.

Clio 182
BRILLO.jpg
this....

Wet sanding won't ruin you'r paint ?!? It's used to get out scratches and orange peel ....

It's used to rid paint work of orange peel, yes. But it would have to be a deep scratch that requires a small amount of filler paint to warrant wet sanding. Bird etchings do not require wet sanding. And 2000 is a starting point, not to be followed up by polishing but by hits of 3000 and 4000...

I have never come across one that does. And that includes cars with 5+ years of burnt on sh1t. I fail to see how polishing (yes, wool and compounding may be required) could not shift even the worst etching?

Clio 172 phase 1
Personally I prefer to wet sand some not all but some are easier to wet sand with 2k and trizact 3k then a nice compound and a polish and never had any probs each to their own and it's all just preferred methods I would say I disagree about the s**t tho I've seen some ones that just don't shift and compounding and compounding and compounding just ruins everything

Buy a car cap (half cover) or a full cover, works a treat and no more washing bird poop off, I park under a tree and use one. Most droppings happens in the early morning when birds feast on berry's in the trees...failing that get a tree surgeon to trim tree back in Spring to stop the tree flowering, this of course depends how "anal" you are about having a clean car....birds crap is the bane of my life at the moment.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Buy a car cap (half cover) or a full cover, works a treat and no more washing bird poop off, I park under a tree and use one. Most droppings happens in the early morning when birds feast on berry's in the trees...failing that get a tree surgeon to trim tree back in Spring to stop the tree flowering, this of course depends how "anal" you are about having a clean car....birds crap is the bane of my life at the moment.

I like the idea of my car being poo'd on more than putting a car cover on. The poo probably does less damage.