ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bird S**t outline on my car

So I left my car under a tree on the weekend and a bird has emptied its guts all over it, I cleaned it off today as I've been away all weekend and although it has gone, the outline of the poo still remains etched in the paint and is quite noticeable.

Any ideas what I can do? Polish?
I'm a detailing noob if that helps.

Thanks

Henry

2003 Clio 172 Cup
The s**t is acidic so basically damages the lacquer. I've just T-Cut before to get it out but you might be needing something like rubbing compound. But don't quote me on that.

Honda & VW
My advice is to not listen to the above advice....

T-cut is only good for....... Give me a minute......

as for a "rubbing compound"...

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Yellowbelly are you not going to give the guy some advice instead of clogging up the thread trying to act like a smart arse? At least they are trying to help

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
It all depends on how bad the damage is as to what the best course of action is....

also so what stuff have you got handy Henry?

A polish with a mild abrasive may do the trick or it could be as bad as needing to be attacked with wet and dry then brought back up

182 Trophy
I would take it to a paint shop for advice. a friend of mine got a mark tried cutting it back (metallic) and made it worse.

It all depends on how bad the damage is as to what the best course of action is....

also so what stuff have you got handy Henry?

A polish with a mild abrasive may do the trick or it could be as bad as needing to be attacked with wet and dry then brought back up

I will get a picture tomorrow so you lot can advise me, I currently don't have anything apart from some old t cut somewhere and a couple of wax and polish samples that may be of help, I'll find out in the morning

Astra VXR NBG ED
My advice is to not listen to the above advice....

T-cut is only good for....... Give me a minute......

as for a "rubbing compound"...

So your advice came from...

bell.png

led_end_signP1012869.jpg

I would take it to a paint shop for advice. a friend of mine got a mark tried cutting it back (metallic) and made it worse.

This is likely to either not be a bird mark, or unfortunately your friend hit it too hard with something too abrasive. These marks are usually quite easy to get out, certainly in my experience. A mild cutting compound, cutting pad and a decent technique with the DA or Rotary and they come out (Audi paint, Beemer paint, Renault paint, regardless).

2003 Clio 172 Cup
So your advice came from...
It came from owning plenty of cars that have had bird shite on for long enough periods of time to leave the same marks..... And guess what I've always managed to get them out. You on the other hand have offered f**k all advice.

Honda & VW
It came from owning plenty of cars that have had bird s**te on for long enough periods of time to leave the same marks..... And guess what I've always managed to get them out. You on the other hand have offered f**k all advice.

Correct, as no advise is more useful than poor advise...

RB182cup&golf gti
I'd try something like autoglym super resin polish which you can get anywhere and is very mildly/non-abrasive. Give the panel a good going over with that and it should certainly look better. Perhaps even get a clay bar kit and clay it first. Will make a world of difference

I'd try something like autoglym super resin polish which you can get anywhere and is very mildly/non-abrasive. Give the panel a good going over with that and it should certainly look better. Perhaps even get a clay bar kit and clay it first. Will make a world of difference

Claying won't make a difference to an etching and srp would take months of elbow grease. If you're after a quick fix from Halfrauds, I'd suggest suggesting ScratchX...

RB182cup&golf gti
Bird s**t doesn't always etch and often stains so I'd personally go down the least abrasive route first rather than removing paint unnecessarily, however I agree that scratchX is good. My car is used as target practice by the bloody birds as the neighbours put food out all the time and I've yet to resort to getting the polish out. OP sounds worse though so good luck!

Bird s**t doesn't always etch and often stains so I'd personally go down the least abrasive route first rather than removing paint unnecessarily, however I agree that scratchX is good. My car is used as target practice by the bloody birds as the neighbours put food out all the time and I've yet to resort to getting the polish out. OP sounds worse though so good luck!

The etch is the stain...? How do you remove it without polishing?

Honda & VW
Continuing on from what JD says, bird crap will either come off and have left no sign of ever being there. Or it leaves an etching!

RB182cup&golf gti
The etch is the stain...? How do you remove it without polishing?

Yes if it's completely melted the paint then it will need the area polishing and evening out to get rid of it. I've had it where it's marked the paint and it's come off easily with cleaner wax/SRP so it's worth trying something less harsh in the first instance from my experience.

182 Trophy
This is likely to either not be a bird mark, or unfortunately your friend hit it too hard with something too abrasive. These marks are usually quite easy to get out, certainly in my experience. A mild cutting compound, cutting pad and a decent technique with the DA or Rotary and they come out (Audi paint, Beemer paint, Renault paint, regardless).

I can't remember but is this car metallic? If so anything you try is surely only working on the lacquer and not the paint? so if you cut through it you will leave a mark where you damage the lacquer, a flat colour of course you could cut right back then re polish.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Unsure why YellowBellend is being a nause.. maybe because he got hustled out of £10.50.

How did you get on TC07YER?

Honda & VW
Unsure why YellowBellend is being a nause.. maybe because he got hustled out of £10.50.

How did you get on TC07YER?

I suggest you remove that sir. Please point out to me where you're help and assistance is located in that post? #keyboardhardman

Pmsl @ the handbags at dawn brigade!

Anyway, years ago I had a load of birds crap that had etched into the paint (same thing, dark met blue car, parked it under & tree) this was well before all the products now were available. I used regular T Cut on metallic paint, it got the markings completely out then I polished it up etc. The car was fine afterwards.

Pmsl @ the handbags at dawn brigade!

Anyway, years ago I had a load of birds crap that had etched into the paint (same thing, dark met blue car, parked it under & tree) this was well before all the products now were available. I used regular T Cut on metallic paint, it got the markings completely out then I polished it up etc. The car was fine afterwards.

Would have been easier to just stick a bodykit on it, broseph.

Oh wait.

Z4
I had this last weekend. Surprising as I always get bird crap off quickly.

Wash the area with some all purpose cleaner to remove any polishes.
Polish it by hand with some Menz 3.02 (couldn't be bothered to get out my DA!)
Get some wax on afterwards to protect it, done.

This was on hard bmw paint so you'll be fine!

Not entirely sure why it's taken quite so many posts to answer this simple question? Some proper mongs on here at times.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
This is better than @Naith and Lusty prior FCS in '07.

Phoon, I heard your daddy is bigger than YellowBelly's daddy?

Haha, you heard correct. And he is hells angels and a Jeet Kune Do instructor.

I don't think yellowbellend knows what he's getting himself in to!

Listerine & Poledo
From last weeks thread, did we not conclude that if you've got bird mess on your car then you may as well just get the whole thing cubed?

Or is that just pink trophies?

EDIT: Someone in this thread is clearly on the rag

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Holy s**t! No wonder this place frustrates me.

Utter f**king nonsense.