ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bird sh*t - How to deal with it

One of our feathered friend deposited something on the roof of my car during the week. I didnt manage to get round to cleaning it off until this evening (bad I know). Problem is, it seems to have marked the top (Clearcoat?) layer of paint. Given it a good clean, used some Autoglym polish but doesnt seem to have made much difference.

Anyone out there got any tips as to how to restore the finish?

Skoda Fabia vRS

try the paint restorer, however bird sh*t is VERY corrosive so it really shouldnt have been left mate

you might need a few goes to get rid of it, and make sure your car has a decent layer of wax on it to protect it from stuff like that once you have removed it....

ICE'dberg MK2 172

respray!!!

I had a bird sh*t on my roof....saw it land so went and got a damp cloth to wipe it off....AArrrgh!!! it must have come via Chernobel!!! burnt into the paint in that short time.

So good luck after a couple of days!!

My valver gets covered in seagull sh!t, clean it every day.

I suppose thats what I get for living by the sea!

i find licking it loosens it quite well and then a swift wipe with a cloth and hey presto, then i put on my jet pack and fly over some bird infested trees and..................well, get revenge!!!hehehe;)

GR7

Shiny red R32

I had quite a large blob on my car this morning so I gave it a good soaking with very wet kitchen towels, then washed it off, dried it and I could still see a darkish mark where it had been. I rubbed in some Zymol with a soft cloth and after polishing it off it seems to have disappeared. I will check it again in the morning.

Is there some kind of total car sealant that can be applied?...sure I have seen it as an option at my local Renault garage being offered on new cars as an option?...anyone know what its called?...think it costs around £300...but gives the car a shiny look and protects well against bird droppings etc...

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by canfordcliffs on 14 July 2003

Is there some kind of total car sealant that can be applied?...sure I have seen it as an option at my local Renault garage being offered on new cars as an option?...anyone know what its called?...think it costs around £300...but gives the car a shiny look and protects well against bird droppings etc...
COMPLETE WASTE OF YOUR MONEY - DONT BOTHER WITH THIS DIAMOND BRITE/SURE GUARD TYPE STUFF, YOU WOULD BE BETTER OFF GETTING SOME TURTLE WAX GLOSS GUARD.

clio williams, Ph1 172

-color: #2B5D8B; scrollbar-arrow-color: #2B5D8B; scrollbar-3dlight-color: #2B5D8B; scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #2B5D8B;} -->
Quote: Originally posted by pete bann on 14 July 2003

i find licking it loosens it quite well and then a swift wipe with a cloth and hey presto, then i put on my jet pack and fly over some bird infested trees and..................well, get revenge!!!hehehe;)
Yeah give it a good lick mmmmmm bird poo hehe