ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Birds were out to get me!! Grrrrrrrr!!!

Clio
Waxed my car last night....

DSC00554.gif

drove to work today and look :eek:!!!

DSC00594.gif

and then my mate said he thinks my tyre tread is illegal now :S

what do you think??

DSC00596.gif

Cheers, Mike

That tyres wearing abit on the outside isn't it, are you sure you don't need your tracking done. I believe the tread has to be 1.6mm accross 75% of the tyre.. Your tyres are the only contact between you and the road so not worth skimping on, although thats probably all right for now.

Clio
That tyres wearing abit on the outside isn't it, are you sure you don't need your tracking done. I believe the tread has to be 1.6mm accross 75% of the tyre.. Your tyres are the only contact between you and the road so not worth skimping on, although thats probably all right for now.

yeh mate youve got a point its my fault for the way i take corners, brand new conti's ive done 8k miles on them and they look like that, oooops :rolleyes:

yeh mate youve got a point its my fault for the way i take corners, brand new conti's ive done 8k miles on them and they look like that, oooops :rolleyes:

No probs, not getting at you, I just learnt the hard way in my old car ended up bending the suspension etc after kissing a kerb. Got all new contis on my steel wheels and new toyos on my alloys.
Must be the power of the 1.6 :D

Clio

No probs, not getting at you, I just learnt the hard way in my old car ended up bending the suspension etc after kissing a kerb. Got all new contis on my steel wheels and new toyos on my alloys.
Must be the power of the 1.6 :D

lol mines spins throughout 2nd gear, yeh i really should drive more sensible, ive got nothing to prove, i race a 106 rallye in stockhatch championship so should really leave the fast driving to the race track :rolleyes:

Golf R/Leon FR
same happended to me washed the car on sunday, birdshit on it monday after work, cleaned it off on monday.... have birdshit on it again today!!

Megane 230 R26
Washed mine 2 weeks ago, lots of mini-s**ts all over it from the birds within 48 hours :(

And yeah you can see from the depth markers in the grooves that the tyres have generally got a fair bit of life left on them, just the outsides have been subjected to unusually high wear. This might not be due to your driving but may in fact be due to running the tyres at too low a pressure, incorrect tracking or incorrect camber.

Although it may be legal under the 75% at 1.6mm rule, remember that the worn bit is obviously a bit you're using a lot, so if it does wear down to nowt then I'd be a bit worried about it myself!

Clio
Washed mine 2 weeks ago, lots of mini-s**ts all over it from the birds within 48 hours :(

And yeah you can see from the depth markers in the grooves that the tyres have generally got a fair bit of life left on them, just the outsides have been subjected to unusually high wear. This might not be due to your driving but may in fact be due to running the tyres at too low a pressure, incorrect tracking or incorrect camber.

Although it may be legal under the 75% at 1.6mm rule, remember that the worn bit is obviously a bit you're using a lot, so if it does wear down to nowt then I'd be a bit worried about it myself!

cheers for advise noodle