ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bit bored today so.......

Yozza'd Black Gold 182
I decided to paint my dash trim/inserts

DashTrimColourCoded012.gif

DashTrimColourCoded004.gif

DashTrimColourCoded008.gif

Going to try my engine cover next,just got a question about preping it for those who have painted theirs. Did you sand it down so it was smooth or just cleaned any oil, grease and dirt off it then sprayed it?

Yozza'd Black Gold 182
Got a bit dark before they were fully dried, will get some pics tomorrow of them in the car.
Does any body know how much the steering wheel badge is from the 'stealers' as i think the silver one will look a little odd

Leon Cupra 300
^ you on about the renaultsport sticker on the steering wheel?

Was just thinking the same, hmmmmmm

Yozza'd Black Gold 182
^ you on about the renaultsport sticker on the steering wheel?

Was just thinking the same, hmmmmmm

Yeah thats the one think it will look a bit plain with out it.
seen some stickers on e-bay but there bout 6inch across (bit big me thinks ;) )

Clio
im sure middo might be able to work some magic and get some, he did airbag ones a while back.

Chocolate Bar™
i just went down to my local sticker place, but seeing as i need to go down next week to get some stickers made up for an engine cover i'll ask about getting some airbag stickers as i know some other people want them as well.

thats you daz and andy if your reading this ;)

Yozza'd Black Gold 182
^ I know this sounds really really cheeky is there any chance you could send me an airbag sticker and one for the engine cover coz I'm planning to paint that as well and I'll send some cash your way chap? What are the chances of them doing the Renaultsport sticker for the steering wheel bit?

With regards to engine covers when you paint yours do you sand it down to a smooth finish then paint or just clean it up?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
was that with Rattle cans?? looks bloody brilliant if it was!!

106 GTi
I like it. I think they should have all come as standard with the inserts body coloured.

VRS
i just went down to my local sticker place, but seeing as i need to go down next week to get some stickers made up for an engine cover i'll ask about getting some airbag stickers as i know some other people want them as well.

thats you daz and andy if your reading this ;)

;)

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Reminds me of the inside of a V6MkII in that bronze/brown colour... i like :)

Yozza'd Black Gold 182

Cheers, yeah with the 'Renault Black' from halfords, not that bad a match either was expecting it to be miles of the colour. I've not put any lacquer on either was glossy enough with just the base colour but will see how it last can always put a clear coat on top

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
can you put the v6 center bit in that goes around the gear stickand up towards the center colum because that would look quility or do they not fit the 182/172s

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Doubt they would fit into the 182/172's. Would be difficuilt i think unless it was custom made.

1.6 16v

Cheers, yeah with the 'Renault Black' from halfords, not that bad a match either was expecting it to be miles of the colour. I've not put any lacquer on either was glossy enough with just the base colour but will see how it last can always put a clear coat on top

They look smart mate, but dont think the coloured black goes well with the dash IMO

You need the laquer on mate. It will be soft with out it and 1 bang on it with your keys and it will chip!

I did mine myself too :)

3d98d445.jpg

7caee49a.jpg

Steve

Yozza'd Black Gold 182
They look smart mate, but dont think the coloured black goes well with the dash IMO

You need the laquer on mate. It will be soft with out it and 1 bang on it with your keys and it will chip!

Cheers mate just got fed up with the silver looking a bit plain thats all. Got spare ones incase i messed things up may now spray them a diff colour was thinking about hologram grey or trying to get a petrol blue kind of colour n see what that would look like.

Doing my door badges again as well here as some photo's are half way through, letters are done in hologram grey just need final sanding then top coat on

Doorbadges019.gif

Doorbadges004.gif

1.6 16v
Yeah i used rattle cans. I would go to a paint campany and get them to make it up for you mate, halfords dont do nice colours in rattle can ;)

I cant remember the one middo uses, but they make it up for you and send it you in a rattle can. quite cheep tbh and the colour match will be spot on.

I did these processes: Acid primer, Normal Primer, Colour, Laquer.

I didnt my side badges, renault diamonds aswell. I am sure most of you have seen them because i am a pic *****! :)

Steve

Yozza'd Black Gold 182
what did you use for them? rattle cans?

where do you think will sell racing blue rattle can if so?

I went to a local motor factors to get the paint mixed for my door badges and used halfords for my dash inserts.

Door badges look a bit of a miss match paint wise, at the mo but when they are wet being sanded the gold flake comes to the front