ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bit expensive?

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
why spend £160 on earphones? just get some cheap one's don't matter if they break or get lost then?

Turbos.
I appreciate good stereo equipment is worthwile, it sounds and looks good... but £150 on earphones! Do you have friends?

172 ff
If your serious get the E5's instead they are much better as they have 3 drivers each bud £150 on ebay, they are nearly professional IEM. for true professional IEM's you can pay anywhere iro £1000 + moulds + receiver/Transmitter.
I was after the E5s for my Vdrum kit, would have sounded imense, still couldnt justify spending that much after spending £5k on a kit, although it makes sense to get the most out of it.

MKIII 138
You can get Bose for that price!!

the shure earphones are amazing ultimate ear are also great proper hi-fi.

the BO-se are just a clever marketing. people go out and spend £10k on bang and olufsen or bose system and it sounds no better in fact worse than a £3k musical fidelity and B&W setup.

cheers

((also if you into it properly a headphone amp is a must))

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
sound coming through something the size of a pea...lol £160...are you having a laugh??

Argos - £9.99.

stop wasting money!!

MKIII 138
well id spend around £60-80 for some in ear cans.

i have open back HD-600 senns and they are pretty good but need an amp to drive them properly. if you hanker for bass then in ear isnt great imo

172 ff
obviously the people who mock the fact that headphones apparently cannot produce good sound quality due to their size have never tried In Ear Monitors.
If you have a regular and heavy use for them they are worth every penny. £9.99 from Argos is more of a waste of money, tbh they are going to be crap so whats the point. if you are serious about sound quality any experienced audiophile will tell you IEM are they worth the money.
try them out you may be suprised, you may be dissapointed, but at least you will know whether to spend a decent wad of cash on them.

It's all about the Grado. Although they're not in-ear so not practical for iPod style listening on the move. To the haters - have you actually tried these Shure things? How do you know he won't be able to tell the difference? Crystal ball? Everyones a frickin audiophile all of a sudden :clown:

And price is relative. One mans £160 is another mans £1.60. Jokers ;)

VX220 Turbo
typical cliosport answers as usual everyones an expert on everything.

are you using them for listening to audio on the move or to dj with etc?

if u'r not too concerned with the looks then go for something other than in ear headphones, but for £160 then these ones should be pretty good (but may be let down by the amp (if built into the ipod etc) that is powering them,.

Octy VRS
I couldn't justify spending that amount on some earphones unless they were cans. I have Sony MDRNC22 and am very impressed for the price.

is dirty.
I use Denon's. Really comfortable and give excellent sound quality. Probably better than the Senns I had before.

SLK 350
To the folks who say you won't hear the difference:

stfu_lg.gif

To the people that actually care about quality hi-fi and listening to their music how it is meant to be heard, well I can tell you that I'd recommend Shure whole heartedly. I've had my E3C now for a few months, and they're superb. I wear them down the gym/jogging/motorbike and they've never let me down once:

Gym, I can't hear any outside sounds at all, not the w4nkers who feel compelled to scream through every rep, not the bunch of fools in the corner who just joined up, and not the crappy music played through the speakers 24/7. They provide me with a perfect seal meaning all I hear is the music, and within the soundstage it's meant to be heard in, no muddy unclear distorted bass here - just perfectly balanced hi-fi with superb treble/bass seperation.

Motorbike, well again I listen to them everyday on my commute as it's better than listening to wind noise through ear plugs. I can just make out the exhaust note when I hit 6-8k. They cut out 90%+ of the wind/engine/external noise. But I can still make out emergency sirens If needs be.

Jogging, well my old Senns/Sony used to drop out of my ears every few hundred yards which became progressly worse as my ears got sweaty. These babies stay where I put them - theres a choice of like 5 different nozzle buds so you can choose which ones provide the best seal for you in each circumstance (many people find the foamies the best) but I use the small rubber ones and they've great.

Recommended, if you need a good means of listening to your music on the move i'd not hesitate to buy them again.

The other thing is there is a 2 year warranty on them, so if ANYTHING breaks, you send them your proof of purchase (bank statement/receipt/cc) and they will send you some brand new phones out inside of a week, no questions asked.

I'd go for the E3C personally @ £60 on Amazon atm they're great value!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0001NNLHK/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
LOL ^^

if i play spicegirls through s**t speaks/headphones i hate them.

if i play them through 1 million dollar speakers/headphones i'll f**king hate them more for spending so much money on some headphones to listen to this s**t!

SLK 350
WTF are you LOLing.

When you actually have a point or something to offer the thread (and most others you seem to be involved in) then please please let us know. Until they I'd love you to shut your cake hole and to stop clouding my thought with your moronic contributions to increase your post count.

Take that as a formal STFU request, sincerely.

I love threads like this because they remind me of how intelligent I am. Got to love the trolls who insist on shitting in peoples threads with worthless drivel. It's quite impressive really :D

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
It's quite impressive how people start to cry over a little bit of writing :)

I used to like good quality earphones but then I moved onto headphones and I wont be going back.

Grado sr225s + Grado headphone amp = :evil::hail:

VaVa
I love threads like this because they remind me of how intelligent I am. Got to love the trolls who insist on s**tting in peoples threads with worthless drivel. It's quite impressive really :D

Bit like that drivel you've just posted Roy.

I'm after a new set of cans but I know very little about them - and there are thousands of the f*****s to choose from. In ear ones are not needed as it's for the house.

Anyone have these or know of them?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0001FTVE0/?tag=cliospnet01-21

I love threads like this because they remind me of how intelligent I am. Got to love the trolls who insist on s**tting in peoples threads with worthless drivel. It's quite impressive really :D

Bit like that drivel you've just posted Roy

The point was that I actually have an interest in headphones. Someone here obviously doesn't but chose to wade in anyway. Hardly crime of the century though. If you mean the comment about intelligence, then it really is true ;)

By the way, for that kind of money I can highly recommend the Grado SR80. Superb open sound. I have not listened to the ones in your link though.

2004 1.2 Dynamique
I'd never spend that much on a pair of earphones, my standard ipod ones do the job fine, why pay 150 quid for some earphones?

Bit like that drivel you've just posted Roy.

I'm after a new set of cans but I know very little about them - and there are thousands of the f**kers to choose from. In ear ones are not needed as it's for the house.

Anyone have these or know of them?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0001FTVE0/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Nice budget set mate. What kind of music do you listen to because these are quite bassy..well suited to Jazz, RnB etc but no so rock, vocals if you will.

Like Roy said, for that money you can get a set of sr80s, again slightly bass heavy but a superb set of cans. I had them before I got the sr225s

I'd never spend that much on a pair of earphones, my standard ipod ones do the job fine, why pay 150 quid for some earphones?

The standard ones are fine, but I can assure you that even an mp3 device like an iPod does sound a lot better with quality headphones. Maybe not £150 better but as I sais originally in my first post - value is relative to the financial means of the person buying.

SLK 350
Top end - Grado SR80 (or SR60)
Middle - Beyer Dynamic DT281 Galactics
Lower - Senn PX200

They would be my choice on various budgets. The Grado's are superb but can be a little uncomfortable IMO after a good listening session. The Beyers are probably the best phones I've owned, as a midrange they are extremely comfortable, very light and provide superb sound. I use them on my PC more than anything now days, but I can also recommend them.

Yeah I find my Grado SR80 can be small uncomfortable after a while. I also find they are slightly lacking in outright bass extension, but I read that they are better than the SR60 in this regard. Also the design of the Grado isn't exactly 'trendy' looking which will bother some.