ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bit of a noob question re mobile broadband

Elise/VX220/R26
What are the available options for getting reasonable speed broadband on the move? I'm thinking its about time I got in the 21st Century as proper web access would be really useful for me. At the moment I have a nokia 6630 smartphone which has totally crap internet access.

What about the iphone? Is that the best option for decent access or are the other offerings out there just as good?

Bumder With A Buffer
Simple don't get it just yet.... wait a while! Things are moving forwrad in that department every week it seems.

There speeds are nowhere near what they say they are. Its even worse than normal landline broadband.

There was a thread on here somewhere about it.

I have heard the 3 netwrok is quite good at the moment but obviously depends on where you are signal wise.

F1 - R26
If you can get a good HSPDA signal then you can get download speeds of 7.2MB (3.8Mb seems to be the limit) I'm connected using a Vodafone dongle (HSPUA) at the moment which also gives upload speeds of upto 7.2Mb but 3Mb seems about the limit, very fast and a lot faster than most ADSL max copper lines, if you move into a area with no HSPDA then it will roam to 3G or even worse GPRS in which case you may as well not bother