ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bit of an odd question re: vauxhall oil

Mazda MX5 1.8
ok basically my dad can get vauxhall parts (ie. oil) at trade price = very cheap

so while he can still get it i thought i might as well do a oil change for spring time & i was wondering if vauxhall semi-synthetic 10-40 would be alright in my clio 1.6 16v?
will only be in for 6000 miles or so until its serviced

had a look on migweb.co.uk and a lot of them seem to be using it in their vauxhalls.......

Last edited:
Yep it fine its good oil very cheap as well not sur who makes it but its been running my mates 1.2 Clio for a few k with no problems its probably the same as Clio oil.

At the price I paid its a bargin.

Skoda Fabia vRS
as far as i know Vauxhalls dont use any special oil so it should just be a normal 10W-40

only really VAG cars and Zetecs that have anythin like a specific oil

Fully synthetic.
I'd change oil ever 6k if I were you although fully systhetic is the way to go.

Even at trade Renault prices or even the price dealerships buy oil in the Vauxhall stuff still cheaper on traders trade by a long way infact its not far off fizzy drinks prices.

Skoda Fabia vRS
either someone is being cut out the equation or the oil musnt be of a high spec, because i know the vauxhall oil trade prices and its dirt cheap, though oil prices can in some cases be misleading, in general you get what you pay for but not always, IMO Magnatec is over priced for example, you can get better for the same money delivered to your door in some cases !