ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bit of an urgent one RE gear linkage

Dodgy one
Just having a check over my car as to why the shifts are a bit naff at the gear lever end since having a box in Ive crawled under and dont remember seeing any gaps on the linkage in the pic you hopefully will see what i mean.

Its a bit hasty in getting some gears almost like the sticks slightly over, is it a case oc putting my spanner on the rod end and giving it a tweak? Or do i need to fathem with the 13mm bolt which hasnt been adjusted looking at it?

fab0a271.gif

BMW M135i
Is there any play between them? It may just not be aligned spot on.

And christ thats a squeakly clean box!

Dodgy one
No theres no play at all,

Just the threads look very clean almost like its blatantly obvious its never been in that position before! I was going to undo the linkage further up under the boot and wind those few threads in, Just hoping i'l be able to make my gearstick more central and i'l still be able to get the gears, As its irritating having to fair push it over into 2nd

Box is brand spankers :) Give it a year it'l look like before... Filthy