ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bit of valver help if you will.........

Vee dub
Haven't driven my car for 5 days or so....

It won't start at the moment... thought it was the battery at first... but when I go to start it up there is a sort of electric ticking sound quite loud... and then nothing happens

any of you lot know what it could be?

Thanks

Tom

Could still be battery mate, ive had one before that was flat enough not to kick in the starter motor but it still try'd to engage the solenoid... hence the ticking sound.

Check the battery if ya can mate, par that get the charger out ;)

Valver
If its a single click when you try and start it its your starter motor mate ;) either flick the key in the ignition or whack the starter motor! Hopefully its just a flat battery thou

starter motor doesn't click atall if the solinoid is stuck, nothing happens, if the solinoid is stuck then its not gonna click, even once :p

Vee dub
Sami said:
If its a single click when you try and start it its your starter motor mate ;) either flick the key in the ignition or whack the starter motor! Hopefully its just a flat battery thou

yeah its battery fella

can't wait to get out and drive the thing!

Valver
Lunner said:
starter motor doesn't click atall if the solinoid is stuck, nothing happens, if the solinoid is stuck then its not gonna click, even once :p
Mine makes kind of a tick/click noise when you turn the key the 3rd time! And it def the starter motor :(