ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bit torrent and rapid share download issue!

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Evening ladies and gents. For the past couple of weeks I have had a number of download issues.
When downloading any torrent, the download speed is limited to between 25-30k, regardless of torrent used or time downloading. Considering I am on a 2mb wireless setup, that is pretty poor.
Initially I changed from bitlord to azureus as azureus has better support but still had the same issue. I then went through the usual port forwarding process to ensure my wireless router is allowing the correct ports to be opened but still no joy. I have turned off all firewalls and even tried deleting any recent updates but still no joy.
I am also now having issues with rapidshare which seem to have sprung up at the same time as the torrent issue. Each time I try a download I get this meesage:
  • Download-session expired. Direct-links last a few minutes for free users and a few days for premium-users.
  • You requested this download-session from a different IP than yours. If you use AOL, try a different browser.
I am using IE but have the same issue on Netscape.
Any ideas as I haven't got the foggiest now.
Many thanks in advance.

172 Cup
Rapidshare is sh*te and I've seen people from a multitude of ISP's complaining about it.

As for B.T it could simply be your ISP throttling p2p ports.

Newsgroups are much better btw..

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
So the Rapidshare issue is potentially totally seperate to the bt issue?
I randomise the ports so ISP's can't limit all of them can they?
Are all newsgroups pay per use or are there any free options?

R35 GTR
I am using UseNext at the moment, and the free version gives me minimum of 300kbits/sec , it maxed out my 1 meg connection in the paid version.

172 Cup
Rapidshare issue is nothing to do with your BT problems.

As for Newsgroups - as the saying goes you get what you pay for. Some are free but thats for a very good reason.

Depends how much you download as to whether you are willing to pay for downloads. I pay £15 a month just for my Usenet server (Giganews, 70 day retention, 10 bots) but I have a 22mb ADSL2+ connection and can download a 700mb film in 12 minutes. Put that way I think £14 a month is excellent value.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
700mb in 12mins, that's superb. To be fair though I only download around 4 or 5 items a month. That may go up to 10 to 15 if the connection was faster.
I'll have a look at usenext, see where that takes me.

ive had s**t download rates for a few months now... really pissing me off.

checked all my ports etc. this is with bt and NTL, i'd given up.

whats these newsgroups stuff?

your ISP could be shaping p2p and torrent traffic, alot of isp's have started doing this. Doesn't matter wot port its on it sniffs what type of data is it and prioritizes it. Try turning the encryption option on in azureus, some people have said this helps.

VaVa
I was daunted by the whole Newsgroups thing as you have to pay to get a decent serive (About £8 a month iirc). But now I use and have gotten rid of all my torrent software. Newgroups are the way forward. Folow Griffs excellent tutorial - can't go wrong.

Maxes my (2mb) connection no matter what time of day/type of file etc.