ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Colour not matching

I've just used an aerosol can and sprayed my driver side front wing with the code 676 from Halfords. I'm surprised that it has no resemblance with the door. It seems like a light shade of black. Has anyone else run into the same problems with this colour?

The right is the wing panel and the left is the door

Attachments

• 20160714_203145.jpg
    20160714_203145.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 51
  Clio 2.0 16v 182
Spray cans will always be different to real paint. Give the whole area a good polish and cut&buff and it will look better.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
As said, the cans won't be able to match every car in 676. The shades will vary a little on the production line.

That's why a body shop will do a few test cards to get the right shade.

You also get a different look on different panel materials like plastic and metal, even my silver 182 the wing and doors look slightly different and they would have been sprayed at the same time.

Also, have you lacquered that yet? That will change the appearance too.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
The difference from factory is explained by the fact the cars are sprayed elecrostatically....this sortof aligns the flakes in the paint.....it doesn't happen on plastic parts I've been told.