ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black/Gold 182 by Hand

Black/Gold 182!
Rich would probably know best what to use on a Black/GOld 182 that I will be picking up tommorrow.

I have,

Megs Gold Class for the Wash.
Clay Bar and Megs QD
AG SRP
AG EGP

I need to get the following,

Either P21's or Chemical Guys 50/50, (more within my budget).
A good drying towel for my car.
Some good applicator pads.

Preferrably all this from the same place if possible and with quick delivery (Need By Wednesday if possible). If anyone can reccomend anything else which may be better by hand then please let me know. Do I need anything else? I will be getting a PC polisher in a few months when funds are better, but for the meantime want to do as good a job as I can do.

P.S Discount codes aswell if you have any.

Cheers,

Guesty

Black/Gold 182!
Would go for the 50/50 out of the two waxes. Which means it would need to come from carwashwax unless anyone else sells it ?

Drying I would use - http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/microfibre-cloths/sonus-der-wunder-drying-towel-pkg/2/prod_84.html and some foam hand pads- discount code Cliosport.

If you have any swirl marks you will need a better polish to use before the SRP to.

What would you reccomend before the SRP?? Is poorboys swirl remover any good?? If so, I know they come in different forms, like 2, 2.5 3, not sure whats that means.

106 GTi
Most paint cleaners work with a chemical cleaning action so wont do anything on the swirls.

172 gone :( 197 now :)
Oh right i though they did because the meguiars step 1 says it removes light swirls??

106 GTi
Meguiars products make lots of claims like that. The stage 1 may have some mild abrasives in it.

Renault Clio S
It's a minefield of cleaning products out there.

Is Scratch X any good on deep scratches and marks? Someone keyed my next door neighbours Festa last weekend (from the petrol tank all the waydown the bonnet) although luckily it wasn't deep enough to reach the primer. She knocked on my door to ask if I had any polish and I manged to reduce it a bit, but it's still visible close up.

TeZ

Non RS : (
Still will need a re spray buy the sounds of it or wet sandpaper etc(touchup) but it sounds to long for a touch up

106 GTi
As a rule if you can catch your nail in it is to deep to remove. Scratch X works by rounding the edges on the scratches if they are to deep to remove to help hide the defects. Worked in lots of applications by hand it will swirls but takes a long time and lots of effort.

Renault Clio S
Still will need a re spray buy the sounds of it or wet sandpaper etc(touchup) but it sounds to long for a touch up

She just had it resprayed believe it or not after someone reversed in the drivers door. Talk about bad luck.