ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Mk 1 172 - Rare

Ive seen a black Mk 1 172 that im interested in.

Seen hundreds of silver, a few blue and red ones but not black!

Were there many produced in this colour?

Seen a red one in Bournemouth and a blue one in Holland.

Never seen a black one...

Which makes me want it even more!

320d M Sport

only ever seen 2 red MK1, one is jonathons from here and another one once.

only ever seen 2 black mk1, again, one was at a meeting. seen loads of silver, few blue and few yellow.

Not seen a Black Mk1 so yeah Rare ish, saying that someone owns a Racing Green one nr me in Feltham area, looks pretty good.

320d M Sport

172 exclusive, theres 172 of them, in fact id guess the black + red are more exclusive!? lol

Saw a Black one the other day!

But then, I was followed by a Williams the other day, and I dont see them often at all.. (Except people I know!)

Theres a black one for sale in Bolton. £6995 with 60k on it. I went to look at it and was impressed, asked about a test drive and the guy just looked at me and said "Are you gonna buy it?" to which i replied "Not without a test drive first". He then said im obviously just wasting his time, locked the car up and walked off.

Weirdo! As if im gonna commit to buying the car without driving it first!!

Yeah blacks pretty rare,only ever seen 2 in black,1 in yellow,a few in red,a good few in Titainium silver and another fair few in the ice blue silver.

Clio 182

Saw one in yellow a few years ago at a renault dealers, looked awsome and havnt seen one since!

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

I think in terms or rarety it goes in the following order

Silver
Red
Blue
Black
Yellow
Green (exclusive)

to be honest, i think that the black one doesnt stand out that much & unless you knew what it was, most ppl would think thats its a normal clio.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Quote: Originally posted by bigsi on 04 August 2004

Theres a black one for sale in Bolton. £6995 with 60k on it. I went to look at it and was impressed, asked about a test drive and the guy just looked at me and said "Are you gonna buy it?" to which i replied "Not without a test drive first". He then said im obviously just wasting his time, locked the car up and walked off.

Weirdo! As if im gonna commit to buying the car without driving it first!!

Theres an exclusive there now, I fancied taking it for a spin but didnt have time - Looked Sooo Good!

Quote: Originally posted by Andyman on 05 August 2004
Theirs a Yellow one for sale at Arnold Clark in Glasgow for 6 grand on the nose !!! its done 47 k

This has only done 27k - 1 lady owner

Elise/VX220/R26

local performance car garage (redline racing) had a spell where they always had mk1 172s in, they had a red one and a yellow one in at the same time, gotts love the yellow!

Mondeo STTDCI

Seen 3 mark one 172s EVER. 2 silver and one in black. The black one was at a Renault dealer and was 2001 and i was ACTUALLY considering giving them £10k for it.

I saw a yellow one a couple of weeks back, the owner only lives 5 minutes from my house as well.. Otherwise only ever seen Silver ones.

I think even rarer though is a non-sport yellow mk2 clio (pre facelift). I saw one on the M25 with some white 16s on. Very nice.

-Rob

just been looking on the autotrader,
there are 4 black ones on there, 4 or 5 exclusives, and a couple of yellow ones (which are up for more money)
there are no mk1s in red !!