ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black or purple??

Clio 182 FF
Hi peeps,

Just after a few opinions on the powerflex bushes, do i go black or purple? I know the black are mainly for track. Im doing wishbones,ARB and dogbone? Anybody had the black just for road use and are they a lot more harsher?

Many thanks?

Chris

Renault Clio 172 cup
Just fitted the black on my dogbone mount. There is a lot more vibration especially around the 1.5-2000 revs mark, but it settles down once you are driving it. The whole dash seems to vibrate. Seems to make the gearchange a little more precise,which is part of the reason for fitting it anyway. I prefer it but I would imagine some wouldnt. My other mounts havent been done yet though ( seem ok at moment ) so that may have bearing on the amount of vibration I'm getting.

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
I've purchased the Black Series inner and outer ARB bushes, along with new wishbones that come pre-fitted with the OE bushes and balljoints.

Should hopefully have it all fitted by next weekend. So will report back if you're still looking for opinions.

Clio 182 FF
Thanks guys, i may just settle for purple otherwise the mrs wont want to get in it!! Bonus i guess!!:)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
New standard wishbones get my vote for a road car, they are very good anyway in terms of controlling movement and they will last 100K miles unlike the powerflex ones.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ah right so how long will the powerflex last on a daily basis run?

Depends how many bumps you go over daily and how often you accelerate and break etc TBH mate so I wouldnt want to put a figure on it.

3K of mainly road miles were enough to introduce play into a set on my turbo though, but thats a bit of an extreme application, but standard wishbones cope with it just fine so it shows the quality difference IMHO

Clio 182 FF
My current wishbones have done 53k as im guessing they havent been replaced from new, i have replaced both ball joints, so do youy think they will be ok?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
My current wishbones have done 53k as im guessing they havent been replaced from new, i have replaced both ball joints, so do youy think they will be ok?

Best part of 10 years is a long time for the rubbers, I dare say a new set would give a slight improvement, but personally Id sooner leave years old 53K ones on a road car than use the powerflex, I just dont rate the wishbone bushes at all for high mileage, they dont last well enough, they end up with play in them.