ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black & Orange 1.2

Hi guys a few pictures of my 1.2, just looking for opinions and any other ideas for it. (although I'm happy with it and I am now saving for a 182)

Lowered 40mm on apex springs
front diamond and rear clio badge painted in ford st electric orange
​MAAD!! MCM custom engine cover
TRS tow strap
Heko wind deflectors
colour coded side strips and door handles
custom bullets from simon at spray shack
K&N 57i induction kit
yellow fog tints
3" Sportex exhaust
3/4 front plate
R/S grille
Rear tints (not sure for how much longer)

IMG_7552_zps8c057596.jpg

IMG_7556_zps80f3beb2.jpg

IMG_7559_zps953412ec.jpg

IMG_7564_zps8378fa63.jpg

IMG_7577_zps12b9dbab.jpg

IMG_7579_zps1de5edf7.jpg

IMG_7580_zpsb2ed4eda.jpg

IMG_7590_zps439a1e0d.jpg

IMG_7599_zpsb54171c5.jpg

IMG_7608_zpsc8574e5f.jpg

IMG_7629_zpsbfe8be1d.jpg

IMG_7639_zps44154d24.jpg

IMG_7654_zpsbeb7ce58.jpg

IMG_7696_zps30e30a59.jpg

IMG_7687_zps469f6df1.jpg

MAD MCM POWER !

Although the car is pretty much finished now I haven't done a project thread yet but I have the progress pics so I will be doing one soon hopefully.

Thanks for looking

Brad

yeah you've got a point there, i'm looking at getting a 172 in a couple of months and if i get a black one i think i'm either gonna go with orange or bright green to smarten it up a bit, in a simillar way to what you've done with this

After saying I was done with this car and spending hours looking at classifieds for 182's I came to the conclusion that I wasn't going to buy one until I have finished my degree, so I am off to derby tomorrow to pick up a 172 rear bumper and have arranged some turini's to pick on saturday, I have also machine polished and waxed the whole car today. More pics saturday when this is all fitted !!

Hope you enjoy the wheels mate!

Cheers mate :)

Heres a quick update picture, new alloys and rear bumper fitted (I had to rush off to work yesterday evening hence late update pics)

DSC_0483_zpsce05e514.jpg

DSC_0481_zps606f3438.jpg

Opinions ?

Edit :

Forgot to mention I took Danman's advice and the rear diamond is now sprayed aswell :)

Last edited:
  TT QS
I wasn't fussed by this first time round but it does look good now. Lose the tow strap imo. Any more plans?

Wheels suit yours so much more than they suited mine!

Yeh really pleased with them much better than the standard dynamique ones !

I wasn't fussed by this first time round but it does look good now. Lose the tow strap imo. Any more plans?

Cheers mate yeh I have been back and fourth on the tow strap, planning to colour code the front bumper insert and possible a cup spoiler if I can track one down.

Really like mate!

It's amazing how much the difference the rear bumper makes.

Yeh I know, I couldn't believe how much better it looked when I took a step back after fitting it.

Last edited:
Quite like this. Would personally lose the rear clio badge etnirely and ditch the tow strap but I like pretty much everything else!

Cheers mate getting rid of the clio bage would mean getting the holes welded or filled (a lot of work), as for the tow strap it will stay for now but once it gets faded and dirty I will remove it and not replace :)

Love this.

Every now and again a non sport comes along and shows that you don't have to go the 172-rep route to have a really nice looking Clio.

And with your careful thought & a bit of dedication - how much did all of that cost pre-turinis? A couple of hundred max & it looks great!

Love this.

Every now and again a non sport comes along and shows that you don't have to go the 172-rep route to have a really nice looking Clio.

And with your careful thought & a bit of dedication - how much did all of that cost pre-turinis? A couple of hundred max & it looks great!

Thanks mate yeh I agree reps are over done this is why I avoided building a rep and put my own twist on the car. :)