ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BlackBerry Vs Apple

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Saw this and laughed at them trying to put Apple down..

While searching for that video this happened lol Oh the Irony

Screenshot2011-06-17at171349.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 172 cup
Is that the new blackberry playbook that is the new gadget to rival the ipad2 even though it has a puny 7 inch screen and retails at the same price. Lol

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Edit: ahh, I see. Video wasn't playing for me and I think I've just seen the advert on tv.

Last edited:

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Is that the new blackberry playbook that is the new gadget to rival the ipad2 even though it has a puny 7 inch screen and retails at the same price. Lol

RIM (Blackberry) are dead in the water, wall street is starting to round on them. If apple were to produce a cheaper version of the iPhone then you could watch RIMs stock drop through the floor.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
I got the playbook last night to have a go with.

Gave it to one of my team today instead, not impressed.

Honda. Tesla Someday
LoL at them thinking they stand a chance. It launched in the UK in the last two days. I know 3 managers in 3 different PCWorlds/Currys, number sold since launch?? In all stores I know of, ZERO.

Compare that to iPad launches!

FLOL

iPad 1+2 were and are out of stock almost all the time!

It's a million times better without flash. If it had flash it would just crash all the time and be buggy as hell.

RIM are dying. o2 rejected stocking their Playbook because it's so poor.

LOL at making an inferior copy of the iPad and then having the audacity to advertise it as being better than the real thing, just because it has battery killing Flash. PMSL.

R26
I know nothing about technology really. Why don't they have flash? Will flash get eventually phased out altogether or something?

A silver one
It's a million times better without flash. If it had flash it would just crash all the time and be buggy as hell.

RIM are dying. o2 rejected stocking their Playbook because it's so poor.

Does your iMac not have Flash? Does it crash all the time? I very much doubt it!

I know nothing about technology really. Why don't they have flash? Will flash get eventually phased out altogether or something?

That's what Apple hope. I don't see EVERY Flash website in the world being recoded to HTML5.

A silver one
Just watched the video. Interesting that they forget to mention that there ISN'T an email client on the Playbook. Browse the Internet? Yes! Send anybody an email? Ermmm no!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Whilst RIM have made a lot of money branching out from their traditional corporate products of old, they should probably be thinking about returning to just that arena where to be fair to them they are a market leader imho.

But as a consumer device provider they are on shaky ground.

I have always been a Blackberry man ever since I got my first one about 5 or so years ago. I hated anything Apple mainly because of the price and the whole "fanboy" scene. But after having so many problems with my most recent Blackberry, I got rid and got my first iPhone which was probably the best thing that I ever did.

My mate got the iPad2 at the same time and at first I thought it would be pointless, but after using it, it is awesome :D but then again I do prefer a proper laptop, hence why I'm looking to get a MBP anytime soon to get shot of this Windows piece of s**t.

Just FLOL at that Blackberry advert though. Scraping the bottom of the barrel with that one.

/AppleFanboy

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Website done in flash is an instant "browse away" from me.

You're then left with stupid games and adverts.

Not having flash to me is a bonus!

Clio 182 cup'd
Can't say my Desire HD phone or Windows PC has ever crashed because of a flash video. I think you are all making it up to make yourselves feel better.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
500,000 vs 25,000,000

We also know that BB's margins are far higher than apple.
Disaster for rim.