ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blasted by a Pug 306!!!!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
172beast said:
Both at times, seems to be less and less folk on here who have a clue, only people that can comment on both cars are those thats driven both, me, Lee and Rich D are the only people that spring to mind and all gave fair points of view, just some folk have the ClioSport blinkers, as I call em!

It still amazes me how many people underestimate the 306 :approve:

Love the "must be well modded" and "it'll have throttle bodies" comments as well! :rolleyes:

My old Rallye made 151bhp @ wheels with just a panel filter, my current GTi-6 made 148bhp @ wheels with a K&N cone filter, not bad eh! ;)

Remapped derv Golf
Bl00dy good car the 306 GTi6! I've recently thought about buying one but the stories about their drinking problems put me off. PLus the insurance for me was quite alot.

106 GTi
The Gti 6 or Rallye is one of those cars everyone should drive at least once. Would'nt own one though ;)

I do remember trying to find a good one 5 years ago and gave up.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Mondial172 said:
Bl00dy good car the 306 GTi6! I've recently thought about buying one but the stories about their drinking problems put me off. PLus the insurance for me was quite alot.

Round town they are a little worse than a Clio on juice, but on a run I get 37mpg so hardly bad on fuel...

As for insurance, should be cheaper than a 172/182!? :S

106 GTi
Rich-D said:
Round town they are a little worse than a Clio on juice, but on a run I get 37mpg so hardly bad on fuel...

Rich it's a well known fact no one but you can get good MPG out of a 6 ;)

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
have to agree with some people about these 'v's threads, everyones not the same and have differnt views so if two cars are pretty much the same league(hot hatch) its not worth crying about which is better. just drive both and see which one makes you smile more. on these cars performace comes down to the driver.
iv been in endless 172's, gti-6's,type R's etc. and all of them gave me a smile and each have there own character, just have to pick what suits you.

zed not having a dig mate but you ever thought about the 306 gti-6 speedo could be alittle more out then the clio.also the dials on the 306 are more spread out which could make it seem abit faster.
anyway both lovely cars :)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Rich said:
Rich it's a well known fact no one but you can get good MPG out of a 6 ;)

Depends how you drive... :evil:

But if you drive them "normally" they're not bad on juice at all.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
E-ray_172 said:
zed not having a dig mate but you ever thought about the 306 gti-6 speedo could be alittle more out then the clio.also the dials on the 306 are more spread out which could make it seem abit faster.

In terms of GPS comparison, both my 306's were more accurate than my Clio was...

Not saying that they all are, but the Clio overread more than the 306's, although my CTR overread even more than the Clio!

106 GTi
Rich-D said:
In terms of GPS comparison, both my 306's were more accurate than my Clio was...

The other way here 182 over reads 3-4 mph at most.

306 was 10 mph out already at 70 plus and running the right profile tyres unlike most.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Rich said:
The other way here 182 over reads 3-4 mph at most.

306 was 10 mph out already at 70 plus and running the right profile tyres unlike most.

Both my 306's were ~3% out, the Clio ~5% so both pretty good.

My Mrs' 106 GTi overreads a lot though, loads at low speed, but gets better at higher speeds?! :S

Lotus Elise
rich - my 106 seems to be pretty good. 100mph on my clock was 99mph on a road angel.

i agree about speedo vids being bo*locks. clocks read differently on all cars. that 306 is impressive on the clocks and looks similar to mine but i know on the road i would kill it.

15.0 1/4 mile is pretty quick i spose my 106 did that bog standard then did a 14.79 with exhaust, filter, manifold & stripped. havn't had it up the 1/4 since my cams and re-map but i expect it would dip under 14.5 easily now.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Well all this talk about how great GTi-6's are and I've gone & sold mine today... ;)

MKIII 138
nick s said:
r
15.0 1/4 mile is pretty quick i spose my 106 did that bog standard then did a 14.79 with exhaust, filter, manifold & stripped. havn't had it up the 1/4 since my cams and re-map but i expect it would dip under 14.5 easily now.

a cup wth decat,IK and rsport does 14.1 muhaha

MKIII 138
Rich-D said:
In a few odd cases, yes... generally mid/low 14's though...

still impressive for a car with very basic breathing mods and a fuel map to compensate, most have back seats out though

Last edited:

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Yeah, they're a quick car down the 1/4 mile though...

My 172 Cup was consistantly running 14.5's @ 93/4mph with just an induction kit and the rear seats out, superb times for a near standard car! :approve: