ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bleedin civies with radar guns in Stockport :(

Sold the sport :(
Well it had to happen some time. On my way to work through Heaton Moor Stockport but not the normal route, saw a car parked in the left hand side with window down as I had just booted it from a junction only for the guy to raise what looked like a radar gun and lower it again.

Looks like it was a civilian, i'm just hoping it's someone that wants to gather evidence for an official speed trap rather than someone that can actually send me the nip :(

Guess I have to sweat it out for 14 days now to see if anything comes through :S

Anyone know what powers that civies have? No signs up anywhere that I could see (no excuses though, shouldnt have been speeding - about 36 in a 30 zone so not massive).

Could have been a lot worse if the golf GTI I was chasing decided to actually play lol!

Si

Civic have no rights to book you the evidence just goes to the police to prove speeding which cannot be used to imcriminate.

Where I live the local people have asked for a camera to show the speeding and try impliment a few cash generators (also known as speed cameras). If they do I'm going to go out there and see how fast I can go past them

Ha, the old fuddy duddys in a village around my way were fed up with people speeding through their village, and must have complained to the police or something, as one day last year, there were all these grannys with laser guns speed trapping everyone.

They couldn't do anything apart from write down the numberplate and speed, and I presume nothing could come of it, as they hadn't been trained in using them, but there was a group of young kids going up and down speeding trying to wind them up.

Not that it answers your question lol.

CLIO 172 EXCLUSIVE
If cameras are placed where needed i dont have a problem. Its the fukcers just dumped there to catch you i hate. Theres a dual carriage way going from M1 to Dewsbury, no pedestrian access and no property near, just fields. Its pretty straight and as no real history of accidents. Yet the old bill park up just off motorway to catch you. I can not see a single use for this trap other than generating cash.

E92 330
in order to be prosecuted the camera must be colaberated by an officer and counter signed. im guessing a civie cam isnt collabed. Next time pull over and go and ask, thats what i did last time i s**t my pants doin 70 in a 50 it was a police van with a cam in the back, so i pulled over and went and asked he said,

Quote - " Your a lucky b*****d im just trying to scare people!" :rasp:

huge sigh of relief. better than worrying for 2 weeks.

Sorry if the collaberation thing has allready been mentioned.

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
the local fuddie duddies in my village do this, hey've got a proper speed gun too, and they write your number down and you get a letter from the police saying that you were seen etc, this would normally be dealt wih by points etc, dont do it again!

a thirsty one
im afraid these are run by taffic wardens believe it or not and they are evidential and can be used for prosecution, there should be signs to inform you of the speed limit/cameras in use. if there arnt any proper ones there they should put up temp ones i think.

they are a farce to be honest a good solicitor could rip most of these prosectutions to sheads becuase they dont do the job proper. (ie correct signings, using handheld from inside a vehicle, calibration tests and turning their personal radios to inhibit transmition so it doesnt affect reading) all things that should be done but i dont think they do.

if you go past one and think you may have been going a bit quick go back and photograph the road and the van itself (covertly otherwise they may jump out and start trying to look professional and doing it proper) that way if they are using them wrongly you can prove it later.

cup 182 mit stripes
It's the thin edge of the wedge,MadSie! They'll be arming the traffic wardens next. lol

Classic Mini Cooper
Ha, the old fuddy duddys in a village around my way were fed up with people speeding through their village, and must have complained to the police or something, as one day last year, there were all these grannys with laser guns speed trapping everyone.

They couldn't do anything apart from write down the numberplate and speed, and I presume nothing could come of it, as they hadn't been trained in using them, but there was a group of young kids going up and down speeding trying to wind them up.

Not that it answers your question lol.
In no way do I condone hammering around in 30mph limits or hooning around to wind people up, those buggers should be hung, im talking from personal experience where a speeding motorist hit my brother and took him 100 feet or so down the road. He suffered 2 broken legs, his knee cap was found obliterated in his thigh, he had a fractured skull, glass behind one eye, 187 stithes in his face as it was ripped open by the windscreen, he broke a shoulder an arm. He was unconcious for 2 weeks and spent 4 months in hospital. He has big metal pins holding him together. He had to learn to walk again. Thankfully he is ok and only suffers from aching bones in cold weather, but he could have died. Save the speed for the tracks or on the motorway where there aren't any pedestrians

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Civic have no rights to book you the evidence just goes to the police to prove speeding which cannot be used to imcriminate.

Where I live the local people have asked for a camera to show the speeding and try impliment a few cash generators (also known as speed cameras). If they do I'm going to go out there and see how fast I can go past them

i dont know anybody whos done that before ;)

Sold the sport :(
Anyone know where the rules are laid out - will take a look at pepipoo at some point which may have em

Si

Shhh
They are trained to use them, but cant do anything about them.

They take car regs and speeds, give them to local bobby where you will receive a letter from the parish speed awareness scheme or something like that making you aware of your speed.

I would simply put it back in the everlope it came in, piss on it then put in other enverlope and send it back. :) with caution, contains urine on the back of the enverlope.