ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bleedin Swirls

BMW M3
Right, I obviously have no idea how to apply this stuff. I have poorboys Swirl remover. I placed it evenly on the sponge and tried to lightly rub it until filings started to show. And then buff it off.

Anyway, now and then I will see a few dusty gragments but the rest of the time it just smears like wax. As much as I buff the webs don't vanish. They arent even that bad, you can only see them in direct sunlike from certain angles...

What am I doing wrong? Do you really need a PC to do this?

Cheers

T

"Navy" N17 TWO
Right, I obviously have no idea how to apply this stuff. I have poorboys Swirl remover. I placed it evenly on the sponge and tried to lightly rub it until filings started to show. And then buff it off.

Anyway, now and then I will see a few dusty gragments but the rest of the time it just smears like wax. As much as I buff the webs don't vanish. They arent even that bad, you can only see them in direct sunlike from certain angles...

What am I doing wrong? Do you really need a PC to do this?

Cheers

T

With a sponge you are likely to take some swirls out & add more at the same time so you're making a bit of work for yourself.

Yes the PC is so much easier to treat your paint :)

106 GTi
Which SSR have you got ?

I would not use more then SSR 2 by hand.

To get them to brake down and do there job properly requires a machine or lots of elbow grease. They need working till there is nothing left to remove in order for them to be effective which is very hard by hand.

Work in very small areas, using a folded terry towel for better bite and pressure if need be. Depending which one you are using you may need to follow it up with a milder polish after.

106 GTi
Straightlines back and forth will also work fine. Just make sure you work the polish so it breaks down, In the case of the SSR range it will clear and almost start to dust.