ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bleeding Brakes!!

Mk3 clio 1.5
Hey, so first off I have changed the clinder over on the rear drum, by doing so it has let air into the system so the brakes need bleeding.
So my question is not how to bleed the brakes, but when im pumping the pedal, on the cyclinder i changed over, the brake fluid doesnt seem to be coming out of the nipple?

By loosing the nut a bit more it would leak out of that instead, what is the reason for this, as i was pumping the pedal for a good 30min, whilst topping up the resevour with more fluid.

Now Sold :-(
Sorry if this is a silly question as you have stated you don't need to know how to bleed brakes.
Are you pushing the pedal down when the bleed nipple is open then closing the nipple before letting the pedal back up?
If you have the nipple open and just keep pumping the pedal you will just push fluid then suck air and get nowhere.

Sorry if this is a silly question as you have stated you don't need to know how to bleed brakes.
Are you pushing the pedal down when the bleed nipple is open then closing the nipple before letting the pedal back up?
If you have the nipple open and just keep pumping the pedal you will just push fluid then suck air and get nowhere.

^^^^this

Mk3 clio 1.5
yes, i would push the pedal near to the floor, open the nipple, let the pedal drop the rest of the way, tighten and let it release back up.

saved the effort as a few other things needed doing, so took it into a garage just now.

Now Sold :-(
yes, i would push the pedal near to the floor, open the nipple, let the pedal drop the rest of the way, tighten and let it release back up.

saved the effort as a few other things needed doing, so took it into a garage just now.

There is your problem I believe. Open nipple, push the peddle all the way to the floor,close nipple,let peddle back up repeat.

Hope its sorted.

Mk3 clio 1.5
Sorry but i didnt word that correctly, Open nipple, push pedal down, close nipple, release the pedal back up slowly, then repeat.

Maybe a contribution rather than a dig, would be appreciated.

260% JCW
I use a jam jar with fluid in, make sure the level in teh reservoir doesn't drop to low and the tube stays in the fluid in the jar.

Pump pedal a few times, then hold down.

Release nipple, pump a few times looking for air in the pipe/jar.

Final pump hold down pedal, tighten nipple up.

pump pedal and repeat.

daver1985

ClioSport Club Member
  172 + 555 scoob
How do pressure bleeders work, similar to pumping the pedal?
Whats the best one to get, Eezibleed?

i had an eazileed no long ago till i broke it then i bought a sealy 1 better quality and same pice

Mk3 clio 1.5
How do pressure bleeders work, similar to pumping the pedal?
Whats the best one to get, Eezibleed?

if im not mistaken its a gun attached to a line, with a return line from the nipple, and you pump the air up, rather than letting it come down.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Renaults have to be bled is an X formation not furthest to closest to the reservoir.

If you're bleeding manually you will need two people. Do about 10 full slow pumps with the nipple open then hold on the last one and close the nipple. Carry this out on all brakes on the x sequence and then try the pedal for hardness, should be solid with the ignition on. Top up the reservoir regularly ie after every corner.

I thought you had to open nipple, pump down, close nipple, lift up pedal, open nipple, pump down, close nipple, lift up pedal etc etc?
Your saying push the pedal and release ten times with the nipple open, then close once its down for the final time?

Seat Ibiza
Yeah? You can do it both ways but leaving it open is better to see bubbles, just make sure you use a tube with clean fluid in else it will draw back up air.

Get someone to help you, i dont see how you can do this on your own properly.

one person in the car working the brake pedal, other person working on the nipples ;)

open nipple, push down pedal, close nipple, pump brake untill hard repeat process...

make sure the brake reservoir is open and you keep an eye on it topping it up as you go.

Proberly been said before.