ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bleeding issues poss

Paulstewart20

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio sport cup 172
Hi everyone I coukd do with some advice I recently changed the bleed nipple on the front calipers due to being rounded off and rusted but during my change of both I was called back in to take care of the little one and on return alot of brake fluid had escaped I have put about two ltrs through it at the mo but the pedal won't get hard with or without ignition on I am getting air constantly too but I have a feeling it's air being drawn through the tube from perhaps a ill fitting tube as when I shut off the nipple I still saw air rising through the tube which it obviously shouldn't also I forgot to take off the cap when forcing the piston.back back so I have a few theory here 1 is I have reversed the master cylinder seal as I read on here somewhere internal leak I think they call it and 2 just still air in the system 3 the abs pump is air locked and if so how do you rid this of air? I have done brakes many times before but never from a empty state which I fear has happened any advise please guys also I have not bled the rear yet as car is jacked up high at the front and I have not touched the rear so I kinda thought the brake tubes should still be full of fluid cheers

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
If you've got air in the abs pump you have a couple of options - cheapest method is to try and drive it on some loose gravel / wet grass where you can get the abs to kick in. This may push out the air so that you can bleed it.

Otherwise you need CLIP / RStuner to manually purge the abs pump.

Oh and use some punctuation...