ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blew the box up on my 172 cup grrrr

Well my first track day in the cup resulted in a dead box at Bedford yesterday. I am gutted at the car and I were just started to find a happy balance.

What clutches do you guys run and what a decent price to pay for a second hand box.

Thanks Darren

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Clutch... genuine Valeo item is perfect when purchased anywhere but Renault.

As for boxes I'd find out what has happened and have yours rebuilt as speedo drive boxes are getting harder to find 2nd hand now.

Well my box always had a whine in fifth but it was the release bearing that give up we believe. I actually managed to get the car home without using the clutch though, which sadly let to the box giving up the ghost. So a new clutch ,box and starter motor needed. I have been offered a box for £150 with around 90k on it. That sounds pretty good to me ?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yeah thats not bad providing it has the speedo drive built in to the rear of the Diff.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You have a 172 Cup? If so the speedo is driven by a sensor which plugs in to the back of the box.

This system is used ONLY on the ph1 172 and 172 Cup so your choice of 2nd hand boxes is limited

Yeah she was going well. I have thrown a fair few quid arbor latelly and was gutted when the box went.

I just don't know weather to carry on with it or cut my loses and run.

Carry on! They are such good little cars and you've got a really good base to work up from!

I would love to but I have just bought a house so things are tight enough.... I may put the clio in the garage if I can sort another car out and leave it till next year.

Lets face it I won't be doing another track day for a few months till the weather improves anyway.